Susie's 2022 campaign

It was lush and so easy to make.

Well I just tried some of the lamb, which had been slow cooking for hours in rosemary and garlic - and it was really disappointing, way too fatty for me! Such a shame, I've got three more legs from work sitting in the freezer, but will give them to a friend. Lean meat all the way for me now. In fact, it's making me feel a little bit icky thinking about the fat...so am making myself feel better with my HEB + 4 syns on two Fibre One 90 peanut bars :D. They're OK, I prefer Hifis (First World problems lol).

But all my deliveries came and I'm ready foodwise for the week with lots of bagged salads (much easier) ready to grab each morning. Oh and here's my new fridge magnet menu planner :).

image.jpg

Milady - that cake looks great. Sukrin is a brand name erythritol - so I buy the plain unbranded stuff on amazon & also sometimes have erythritol brown as well. Erythritol is similar to xylitol - but lower GI. Both are good for combating tooth bacteria - but Xylitol gives the runs if you eat too much of it.

Lamb: can you cool it, remove the fat and enjoy it more?

Thanks Ali but it's put me right off eating it TBH, and my friend will enjoy it :).

Re sweetener, I use Hermesetas liquid on the rare occasions when I do need it - really nice and natural tasting, and the bottle lasts forever.

I don't particularly like any meat but I definitely hate lamb, just the smell alone is vile. When I cook it for husband it has to be full of garlic and rosemary to mask the smell.

I love lamb normally but this was just too fatty. Oh well not to worry.

Light day today but I think it's going to be a good WI tonight.

B - spinach and cheese omelette, coffee
L - coffee
D - fish cakes (treat night)

Have a good one!

Wow!! Fabulous loss!! You really earned that :) You can definitely see a 19 on the scales next week!

:wee:Wow..what a fantastic result:stickdance:so very, very happy for you Suzie superstar:banana_dancer:
And my oh my, you are just a hop skip and a jump away from the 19's..how brilliant are you, you must be over the moon🌟 So proud of you sis 🌻X

Look forward to seeing you in the 19s very soon!

Thank you all, Team Fab! I'm really feeling very focused so hopefully the 5 stone award will be mine next Monday :).

B - spinach and HEA cheese omelette, coffee
L - turkey slices and Florette superfood salad, a new favourite - rocket, spinach, baby kale, peppercress, baby chard and beetroot
D - roast chicken and spring greens with a mustard sauce
To have - HEB and syns - not sure yet

I am so terrible, I bought yet another SW recipe book last night! So am going to sit down tonight and pick at least one recipe to make. But I've also got the ingredients to make the chicken and ham hock pie from the Comforts book, so will get everything pencilled in to my new menu board :).

Will catch up with your posts at lunchtime x

Ah amazing loss! Well done, love the menu planner. You are doing so well :classic_big_grin:

That's amazing, well done. I really don't think it was ever going to be possible in Italy but you have been so focussed since coming back.

Thanks ladies, amazing how you can wait years for the head to be in the right place :). But, better late than never!

Another cracking day - instead of spring greens for dinner, I had steamed broccoli with a chipotle and tomato dressing (S'burys) - very spicy and yummy and only 1.5 syns for 2 tablespoons. Followed up with a yogurt, and will think about how to have my HEB later.

Off to Sheffield tomorrow but have got my food all ready :angeldevil: - and dinner ready for when I come home.

NSV moment today - I've been buying smaller sized linen tunics on eBay and one arrived today and fits - and it's a 22! When I started SW in January I was wearing size 30...

Another major plus - I really do think my knees are improving!

Back