Susie's 2022 campaign

Whoop! Welld done on the press release. Such a good feeling when you have confirmation you can still function in the workin department. I'm yet to get my notice of that...

Sounds like you're making good plans to try and give yourself some options.
Love browsing rightmove xxxxx

Morning all - wow had such a busy week! Been driving all over the place visiting people (and lunches, natch!) which has been lovely.

Not much else to report, except for lots of eating!

Hello Busy Bee. You have such a jam packed life, you make me dizzy !

Fab news about the press release too. Hope it really lifted your spirits. Perhaps you could get more of this type of work?

Enjoy your week x

Hello Suzie, I've been wondering where you were:) You know a while ago I was picturing you with your basket shopping? Well now I'm picturing you with the top down on your car, hair blowing in the wind as you tootle around calling out ciao to the sleepy old men sitting outside in the sun smoking their pipes:) what a blissful life you lead Suzie.. I would like to be sitting in that car too:) X

PS: How are Orbit & Stella? :kitty:

Hello Busy Bee. You have such a jam packed life, you make me dizzy !

Fab news about the press release too. Hope it really lifted your spirits. Perhaps you could get more of this type of work?

Enjoy your week x

Hello lovely Lottie! Yes I was chuffed about the release - so will think about putting an ad on some expat groups and see what happens :).

Hello Suzie, I've been wondering where you were:) You know a while ago I was picturing you with your basket shopping? Well now I'm picturing you with the top down on your car, hair blowing in the wind as you tootle around calling out ciao to the sleepy old men sitting outside in the sun smoking their pipes:) what a blissful life you lead Suzie.. I would like to be sitting in that car too:) X

PS: How are Orbit & Stella? :kitty:

Morning Tibbs my love. All good, just busy - not driving around with the convertible top down, sadly - someone broke it last summer (!) and anyway it's just too hot. It can be a blissful life, but sometimes I just want to sit indoors with the aircon on! It was 34 at 3am this morning...But I do love to give the old guys a toot as I drive past the bar where they sit and play cards all day (when they're not at home for meals). My friend's husband Domenico is one of them and he has explained that I'm not being a puttana (a prostitute) - it's such a patriarchal society here, the old blokes are completely convinced that any woman who strays too far from the kitchen is obviously on the pull!

The cats are fine - after a few little medical problems (Stella had cystitis twice, and Orbit has a scratch on her cornea) - but they are both on the mend. Panting a lot from the heat and Stella, with her black coat, usually doesn't spend much time outside.

Just waiting for rain which is forecast - we've had a few rumbles of thunder but it's not cooling down at all, so I'm still in my PJs, sitting next to the fan!

If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'm off to a cemetery with a friend :). This area saw lots of Kiwi soldiers fighting in WW2 and there's a cemetery about 30 mins away called Sangro River. So we're off to have a look, as I thought I might write an article for the NZ Herald about it, with me being the only Kiwi in my town, plus there's a plaque here thanking the Kiwi soldiers for saving the villagers - so it might work nicely. Thursday, it's our regular trip to Lidl - my gay pals drive and I buy us Maccas - and an extra incentive this time is that it's English Week! The lads plan to stock up with frozen fish and chips and shortbread, and I'm going for lots of cheddar :). Friday, lunch with a friend at her house, the other side of the village.

Have a good one, all! xx

Evening all - sorry for radio silence but had a friend unexpectedly lob up for a few days!

Lovely to see her, but feel like I need a few quiet days at home now :).

Nothing much to report, more pizza eaten and wine drunk...am definitely backsliding, must try and get back in focus!

Yay, you're back:) it would have been rude not to take your friend out for pizza and have bottles of wine while chatting, what else could you have done:D Your my motivation Suzie, I watch what you're having and how you manage to stick within your calories and it all looks so nice. It helps give me the push when I see you logging your loss, I need help staying on the straight and narrow so over the next couple of days how about joining me? Together we can try for at least a 1lb loss..saying that I've forgotten myself and I'm on to my 2nd amaretto and pineapple juice:oops: Ooops! X
Tibbs x

Yes, we love having visitors. But when they leave its good to just get it all sorted and then chill. Also, some visitors are harder to say bye to than others......

Last edited:
I need help staying on the straight and narrow so over the next couple of days how about joining me? Together we can try for at least a 1lb loss..

You're on, babes! I'll start logging again today. Had a very bad day yesterday - over ate big time, really wish i could figure out why I do it, when I know I'm full!

Yes, we love having visitors. But when they leave its good to just get it all sorted and then chill. Also, some visitors are harder to say bye to than others......

Ain't that the truth Lynne! It has been great having friends to stay but I do feel obliged to take them out and about and it's so bleeding hot, it makes me physically uncomfortable and cranky! But it was fab to talk through the home or away scenario, and I'm pretty convinced now that the UK is going to be better for me in the long run. I've always got people I can stay with here, so could come over annually for a month and catch up with everyone.

We really drilled down the problem to boredom/loneliness, and I know in the UK I can join clubs and get a part time job to help with that - plus people are friendlier. I've already googled clubs in Whitehaven and there's all sorts there, including a book club, a couple of am dram clubs, a walking club, SW classes and so on, just my cup of tea :).

But first things first, the London flat needs to sell first, will chase the HA tomorrow.

I am glad you've got a plan Susie. Its a shame it didn't work out but at least you have friends you can stay with when you want to visit. I hope the flat sells FAST so you can move on :D

I'm really glad I tried it out here Lynne - and moving here was the only way to realise that Italian society is not for me, that's not something you pick up on holiday :). It has been an amazing experience in many ways, but it's time for a new adventure :).

The flat has had an offer but it's more complicated because it's shared ownership - the guy who has applied for it passed all the housing association requirements and had a week to get his mortgage sorted, which ended last Thursay. The HA's wheels turn very slowly so I'll email tomorrow to find out what happened. If he couldn't get finance then it goes on the open market first thing next week. Cross fingers!

I'm exactly the same Suzie, I eat and eat and eat and don't even want or enjoy it half the time. My stomach gets so sore but still I keep on going and then I feel horrible in myself and a failure, it's a vicious circle. Mine's usually down to boredom, something I can't do anything about making me unhappy and loneliness.
Totally agree that it's lovely having friends over to stay but exhausting taking them out and about if it's their first visit. I love people coming to stay but equally love seeing them go home..then I miss them and wish they were back!

Hope your flat sells soon so you can move on to your next adventure X

Oh and so happy you're joining me:) X

Yes you have to try it. It means you wont live your life wishing you had tried it. Now for pastures new ;) I hope the HA sorts it fast so you can make some plans. What about selling your place in Italy? Will that be a quick thing?

Oh and so happy you're joining me:) X

Ooops will have to start tomorrow, just got bad stuff in the fridge and an invite to dinner!

What about selling your place in Italy? Will that be a quick thing?

No, they usually take a couple of years to sell - but some people have had properties on the market for years and years. I think mine should go reasonably quickly, it's not expensive (not valued yet but prob about €60-70K) but in an expensive area.

There's also the option of renting it out long term to someone in the nearby Honda or Fiat factories.

Aah, OK. I hope whatever you do goes well. I am sure you will keep us updated. -You'd better..... LOL!

Hi Susie, just catching up....glad you had a friend stay and managed to talk things through. Aint is always the same though that social things revolve so much around food and drink. I've been off the rails too but am determined this week to sort myself out.

Sooozzziiee, where are yooooouuuu? X

Still here - but officially very down in the dumps. Heard yesterday the offer on my flat fell through, which is a major blow because my money is running very low.

It goes on the open market this week I hope, so cross all fingers and toes that it sells quickly! Otherwise I'm not sure what I'll do.

Bit too upset to talk much at the moment, girls, but will be on again soon xx

Back