Susie's 2022 campaign

I agree with both of you. Most of my stone came from stressing about stuff and weighing.

Hope I have turned a corner now

Thanks Charlotte and Nanny!

There have been some ups and downs, but the most amazing thing is that overall I have actually stuck with SW, bit of a miracle, that! :D

Couldn't have my lamb lunch as it spilled everywhere...so had an omelette with chips and salad instead (there's an omelette bar at work).

That’s brilliant! And an omelette bar at work?! I love omelettes lol x

It was lovely too :). Shouldn't have had the chips but hey ho...

Home a bit early, for a change, but knackered with a coffee headache - so early to bed I think!

It was lovely too :). Shouldn't have had the chips but hey ho...

Home a bit early, for a change, but knackered with a coffee headache - so early to bed I think!

Coffee headache. So glad I don't get them I live on coffee. Have a good sleep.
I had mine for 4 hours this afternoon.
Have to be at SW 7.30am so am always tired Friday.

Lucky you Nanny, having a Saturday weigh in - but 7.30am is on the early side! Hope it went well.

A good night's sleep didn't happen, sadly, what with RLS, the cats, and an upset friend, so I can see a nap happening today at some point :).

Food today -

B - eggy bake with beetroot, l/o green salad, feta and broccoli - will chuck that all in together and see what it's like
L - stirfry or soup
D - chilli pork and cabbage, I think

Have a good one x

7.30am! I’m still in dreamland at that time lol.

Sorry you didn’t get a good nights sleep Susie. I get RLS sometimes too. Last night I struggled to get to sleep as I have a couple of varicose veins that cause heavy aches so I needed to keep them raised till it eased off. How was the breakfast after chucking it all together? X

Actually it was very nice - you can never be sure with my creations :classic_roll_eyes: :classic_big_grin:.

Been a funny/strange day though, had a nap, felt no better, then felt a bit ...adrift, or something. It was Sunday going back to work blues come a day early. Maybe it's the dreary weather...Had another nap about 4pm and felt a bit better, and since then I've had a huge bowl of pesto pasta (low fat pesto, but still packed with syns), Options choc ice cream (an Options plus a Muller light, stirred together and dribbled into a chocolate mold - yummy!. And then an Options white choc drink with skinny syrup.

So I've done nothing productive except two loads of laundry - and an audit of my pantry, which is full of passata and other stockpiled canned stuff which I will need to use up. So bolognese and tomato soup are on the batch cooking menu for tomorrow :).

It did sound like it would work 😃 I love anything with feta in it!

It was probably the weather. I find the miserable weather can make me feel down but my health feels a little better. When it’s hot it makes my health much, much worse. I need a cold but sunny day to get the mind and body on the same page.

Your meals and snacks always sound so nice. I wish I could cook (physically and cook nice things lol).

Hope you have a better night x

Aww thanks Charlotte, I was up a few times but managed to get some shut eye eventually :).

And it has inspired me to Google madly today and find some better herbal treatments. Some people have reported good success with Vit D + K2, which I haven't tried yet - and the magnesium I'm taking is the worst for absorption, it turns out - so got some better stuff on order. Think the worst thing is being up in the night and feeling like I'm the only one on the planet who is awake - but try telling that to nursing mums and dads everywhere, eh? :classic_roll_eyes:.

Anyway, a new day beckons, and I've managed to make coffee first time - unlike yesterday where attempt 1) forgot to put coffee in; and attempt 2) put coffee in but forgot to pour the water into the machine...so we're off to a good start :D.

Batch cooking in a bit - wish I could parcel meals up and send them to you Charlotte!

B - beet and feta bake surprise
L - bolognese
D - pork, beans and thick tom sauce in the slow cooker, I think, with lots of veg

Enjoy!

Glad you got some sleep. Getting the right vitamins takes some research. Are you getting chelated magnesium? Also with the k2 most only have a tiny bit in but if you search for super k you’ll find a few with more in. We use Life extension super k and doctors best chelated magnesium.

Yesterday’s coffee antics 😂

I can only dream! X

They've got 75ug of Vitamin K2 (your daily max), plus Vitamin D3 and calcium; and yes thank love, the magnesium is chelated citrate - I keep forgetting and ordering oxide, even though it's rubbish and doesn't absorb well.

It's a brand I haven't tried before, called Nutribotanicals, and is highly rated, so let's hope they help. Also had a snooze on the sofa for about 90 minutes - probably shouldn't have, but I appreciate sleep whenever it comes these days :), and it's so delicious when it's cold outside and I'm under the soft blanket with Stella curled up on me.

Also did all the batch cooking, so got 4 serves of bolognese, and about to dish out cajun turkey with rice and pineapple - so that's the meals for the week.

And it's a short week, because it's off to County Durham next Friday woohoo :).

Last edited:
They've got 75ug of Vitamin K2 (your daily max), plus Vitamin D3 and calcium; and yes thank love, the magnesium is chelated citrate - I keep forgetting and ordering oxide, even though it's rubbish and doesn't absorb well.

It's a brand I haven't tried before, called Nutribotanicals, and is highly rated, so let's hope they help. Also had a snooze on the sofa for about 90 minutes - probably shouldn't have, but I appreciate sleep whenever it comes these days :), and it's so delicious when it's cold outside and I'm under the soft blanket with Stella curled up on me.

Also did all the batch cooking, so got 4 serves of bolognese, and about to dish out cajun pork with rice - so that's the meals for the week.

And it's a short week, because it's off to County Durham next Friday woohoo :).

I love County Durham Lady F, whereabouts are you going? X

Hey Sarah, I'll be staying in Seaham, on the coast, east of Durham - but driving around to have a good explore. House prices are so good there, I'm thinking of selling my London place and moving up - if all goes to plan I'll have enough to take early retirement :).

Feeling SO pleased with myself right now - I bought a capsule machine to make my own turmeric and curcumin tablets, and of course it has been sitting on the bench for two months gathering dust! Finally shamed myself into making some up this afternoon and it was so easy! 100 tablets made in 15 minutes, that's three month's supply, bam!

The D3 and K2 tabs have just arrived (gotta love Amazon's same day delivery), so I'm really hoping they will help with the old legaroonies tonight. Am also going to try out the secondhand bath lift I've had for three weeks and also not tried out yet (see the trend emerging here? :classic_roll_eyes:) with lots of Epsom salts to help the muscles relax.

But first, a mint Options with chocolate mint skinny syrup mmm :D.

Morning all - not a brilliant night's sleep, unfortunately, was up about three times, but will keep popping the vits and hopefully they will make a difference soon. I so do not feel like being at work, I'm staring at the screen and I'm that tired, my eyes won't focus properly - but on the bright side it's a pretty undemanding day, and hopefully the focus will return soon.

B - beetroot feta eggy bake
L - bolognese
D - cajun turkey

Have a good one, all x

Hi Susie, sounds like things are going well here. Exciting news about the interview and potential move, hope the sleepless nights get better soon. I take magnesium before bed and find it really helps.

Thanks Clareel - I take magnesium too, about 3-4 times a night lol, it's one of my go to remedies for RLS - but I have to take it (together with potassium, iron and the Bs) as the attack comes on, then walk around for 30 mins or so, and/or play a computer game to distract myself. Otherwise it doesn't work. A real pain in the behind, but I've tried everything over the last 6-7 years, and this is the only approach that helps me at least get 2-3 hours sleep, until the next attack.

RLS is not for the fainthearted. Neither is menopause. Join the two together and you have your average nightmare :).

I really admire you, you take things in your stride with a smile and you’re doing so well. We all have up and down weeks and not sleeping well can be a pain for water retention! One thing I noticed is that you take b vitamins at night and they give a boost of energy and can cause restlessness and insomnia. I only take them in the mornings.

Hope you have a better night tonight x

Back