Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning!

I really admire you, you take things in your stride with a smile and you’re doing so well. We all have up and down weeks and not sleeping well can be a pain for water retention! One thing I noticed is that you take b vitamins at night and they give a boost of energy and can cause restlessness and insomnia. I only take them in the mornings. Hope you have a better night tonight x

Thanks so much Charlotte, that's really sweet of you to say :classic_smile:. After trying every plan out there, I've learned that SW is the only way I will eventually lose all the weight so I know I need to keep going, despite the gains. My first couple of gains I was really gutted, but now I've got a much better understanding that life gets in the way of losing weight, and to just go with it, warts and all LOL. and thanks for the vit b advice - I don't take them at night, although it does sound from my previous post that I do :) :).

You will lose that again in no time xx

Thank you honey, won't be next Monday because I'm away - but it will come off over the next couple of weeks!

Well my friends what a difference good magnesium tablets make for a decent night's sleep! I got new ones yesterday with a very high absorption level, and decided on a different tack - took 2 before bed, then 2 every time I woke up and I didn't get a bad attack once - I kept a sleep record and overall (went to bed at 8.30pm lol) I got over eight hours sleep - SO happy! Let's hope this continues :).

B - bad, many many syns lol
L - Cajun turkey with veg
D - chicken Supreme with spinach
S - HiFis of course, maybe some rye cakes with marmite and cheese

Only two more days at work woohoo! :)

Great attitude towards the gain, it will be off in no time. Really pleased the new magnesium helped!

Hope you have a lovely time away! Brilliant news about the magnesium. Sounds like you’ve got a good routine there x

Morning all - feeling a bit irritable after a nightmare journey this morning. There are so many cyclists in central London now, it makes it difficult for buses to get through the traffic. I know we all have to work together yada yada, but it does make me yearn even more for a move out of the city. I was sitting upstairs on the bus, while we were stuck on London Bridge, just watching streams and streams of people rushing across the bridge, and found it quite overwhelming! Not to worry, only two more work days and then exploration time! :)

Food - in a word, BAD. I've lost my focus a bit, but I've been here before and I refuse to stress (too much) about it, so will get my SW head back in place once I get back from my mini break.

Last edited:
Hope your day improved once you got out of that traffic and swarms of people. I bet you can’t wait to get away. I like your low stress mindset x

Morning all

The house/cat sitters arrived last night and they are lovely so I know the girls will be well looked after. Didn't have the most fab night's sleep in the single bed lol, but I'm feeling very upbeat because a) I've got tomorrow off and b) it's a long weekend woohoo :D.

B - scrambled egg, HEB wholemeal bread, 2 sossies and 2 naughty hash browns - AND coffee (I am feeling very full, at the moment)
L - SW bolognese
D - the housesitters are making dinner, so not sure

Have a good one!

Time to celebrate, the housesitters tell me my passport has finally been returned by the Home Office with my new right of abode visa - WOOHOOOOO! That only took a ridiculous five months...

Might have a vino or two when I get home tonight :D

Just catching up Susie, you have been busy. Are you away in Durham right now.

Morning all

Yes @tipperary I'm in Seaham on the coast. Arrived yesterday and drove from Durham to Seaham. Staying at No 16, a gorgeous boutique hotel just around the corner from the seafront. The bed is seriously the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in!

SW is out the window though. Had lush fish and chips yesterday and I’m now about to tuck into an full English at the Clean Bean Cafe.

House viewings go from 12-5, then I’m off to a friend’s for tea. Back home tomorrow x

Sounds lovely, fish and chips is always what I come off plan for, just love it - got to have mushy peas though! :classic_big_grin:

Hope the house viewings go well.

Sounds like my kind of trip! I absolutely love viewing houses lol. How did it go? X

Back home ad relaxing now with a vino or four - the TV's not getting a signal and the dishwasher isn't working - but the cats have been well looked after, so that's the main thing :).

got to have mushy peas though! :classic_big_grin:.

And there was I thinking we were friends :D :D. You can have my mushy peas!

Sounds like my kind of trip! I absolutely love viewing houses lol. How did it go? X

W-e-l-l on the whole it was great. I like the area, people are uber friendly and chatty (so unlike me hahahaha) and no tower blocks, no traffic jams and not thousands of people everywhere. The houses - five out of six were awful - tiny, needing loads of work, in the wrong place, etc - but the one I fancied all along was very nice, and could be a contender.

Next steps - have the job interview on Wednesday - if I get it I'll rent somewhere, sell my flat and buy. If I don't, I'll think about buying the one I like and renting it out for six months or so, put my flat on the market and keep working in London until then.

And somehow I have to get back on plan because fish and chips were only the beginning!

Morning all

Sort of back on plan...but might fall off again this afternoon, thanks to a sore head (my neighbour popped in with wine for a catch up last night that went on for several hours lol). Trying to avoid the siren call of carbs!

B - ham and HEA cheese toastie, tea
L - fried potatoes, baked beans, mushrooms and three eggs all chucked into an oven dish, with the other HEA cheese on top.
D - bolognese with spinach

Grey out there today!

It sounds like a lovely place to live and you’ve got it all planned out. One contender is better than none! X

Oh Susie that's so exciting! Never been to seaham but the coast all around there is so gorgeous . Fab and interesting coastal walks all year round. Good for the soul

You might want to look up The Sharpham trust, Think it might be your thing whilst still down south. Its a big old manor house that runs retreats. mindfulness meditation. Good veggie food, yoga, gentle walks .foraging for wild medicine. Its a charity so fairly reasonably priced. Just booked myself on a canooing woodland meditation course.

Thst soinds good Lottie.
Susie, the wednesday interview... Where will that job be? Im still hunting too as the travel in current job has me exhausted and not able to.do anything at the weekends as too tired.
Busy London must be a total shock towards rural Italy. I choose to live in a rural area and hate having to drive into a city every day.

Hope you get the job and the house you want.

Oh Susie that's so exciting! Never been to seaham but the coast all around there is so gorgeous . Fab and interesting coastal walks all year round. Good for the soul

The weekend was fab thanks lovely Lottie! Fresh air, friendly people, nice eateries, lots to explore. All very exciting! :)

the Wednesday interview... Where will that job be?

It's in Seaham, Tipp, in plush new offices on the coast to one side of the town, so I could be at work 5 minutes after leaving home (wherever home might be lol)!

Morning all

Got no food organised, so it was left over bad stuff for B this morning and will need to buy lunch at the cafe upstairs oops :). They have a salad bar but it's not very inspiring.

Must get my head back in the game!

Back