SW advice

teddybearyoyo

Hi Guys,

I am currently on a TFR diet aiming to lose 4.7 stone in total (1.7 already lost WOOO)
However I am soooooo interested in starting SW just after Christmas (will be coming off current diet just before Christmas!)!! I am a nurse so wont have any time to attend the SW classes so will be joining up online!!
Can anyone advise me if its worth paying the extra for the Gold for the magazine and book?
AND can you advise me if the information surrounding Syn Values for everything will be available to me as an online member??

Sorry for the really stupid questions but just want to make sure I will have access to everything that I will need!
Have NOT a notion how this diet works or what syns are etc but I've heard them mentioned and know they're important haha xxx:D

Well I suppose it depends whether you want to have a book to hold in your hand and carry around with you. All the basic information will be there electronically but its perhaps more accessible and easy to understand the way it is laid out in the book. And yes as a member you will get access to the syn product database and a syn calculator to work out the syns in any products that are not listed

Perhaps take a look at the newbies thread in the sticky section above as that will explain the basics of the plan too :)

Well I suppose it depends whether you want to have a book to hold in your hand and carry around with you. All the basic information will be there electronically but its perhaps more accessible and easy to understand the way it is laid out in the book. And yes as a member you will get access to the syn product database and a syn calculator to work out the syns in any products that are not listed

Perhaps take a look at the newbies thread in the sticky section above as that will explain the basics of the plan too :)

I will do that just now, thanks a million for getting back to me :D xxx

Hi,

It's a little bit naughty, but if you think you can manage the plan at home yourself, then I'd be tempted to join a group for the literature.

There's likely to be some joining offers come January, so you may get it cheaper than the usual £9.95 joining fee.

Unless you think you need to log your weight online each week, or need access to the website area, then id be inclined to join for the new members talk and the literature.

Are you sure you couldn't attend group at all? I only ask as we have a few nurses in our group. Slimming world do make allowances for shift workers so you wouldn't be penalised if you can only attend every other week.

I find the group, and other members and image therapy is what really helps me, particularly if I've had a bad week and could quote easily throw in the towel!

Good luck whatever you decide xx

Well done on your weight loss so far. I too came from a TFR diet. It just wasn't sustainable anymore. So far I haven't had great results from SW but I like it and it is more long term than most other things.

The best advice I can give you is plan plan plan- make your own lunches, get used to cooking, weigh and measure all syns and health extras. Good luck.

Join a group, register as a shift worker and then you can go to any group, work it round your shifts.

Please don't join just for the books, it makes our job as consultants sooooo difficult and somewhat frustrating!
(I've had it happen to me quite a lot!)

Back