SW and big appetite.

Crunchy

I know SW works, I have followed it for one week and lost 5 pounds all without going hungry. When I did WW in the first week I lost 1 pound!

Anyway, I was chatting to a friend about SW and they said they feel SW encourages you to eat loads and your stomach never shrinks down to accommodate lower calories. So you will always have a big appetite. Whereas WW shows you how to do portion control so your body naturally gets used to eating and surviving on less.

What do you think about this?

aint sure it makes any dif if u eat loads as long as the loads are free foods or on plan:)

Sorry but this is nonsense! Although I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "your stomach not shrinking to accommodate lower calories". Your appetite is dependant on a number of factors including metabolism, hormones and level of activity. Your appetite is not related to the size of your stomach. Your stomach is flexible and will expand to accommodate larger meals if required, before contracting back to about the size of your fist. As you lose weight your body will require fewer calories to carry out it's normal daily functions and your appetite reduces in line with this. :)

I totally agree with Circes - well said!
Anyway, does it really matter how much you eat as long as you eat sensibly, and stop when you are just full and not stuffed?

^Circes is totally correct. I still have a decent appetite, and believe me I could eat when I was huge, but I definitely eat less now, naturally, the way I should do it. Weight Watchers encourages you to eat bad foods because you can 'eat what you want' - and have to point things like apples and bananas and other fruit. When I was on Weight Watchers I wouldn't dream of 'wasting' any of my precious points on fruit. I would save them for cake and biscuits. Ask your friend if that's what she does, then when she says yeah it is, tell her how you can not only have your apples and bananas when you want without counting them, but you could also have a little peice of cake, or a treat size chocolate bar or a nice big mug of hot chocolate and not worry about it. AND lose weight.

Then see how she reacts.

Who cares what your stomach does! If you loose weight and your eating healthy then thats all that matters :D

Hello Crunchy btw, good to see another Suffolk person here :D

^Circes is totally correct. I still have a decent appetite, and believe me I could eat when I was huge, but I definitely eat less now, naturally, the way I should do it. Weight Watchers encourages you to eat bad foods because you can 'eat what you want' - and have to point things like apples and bananas and other fruit. When I was on Weight Watchers I wouldn't dream of 'wasting' any of my precious points on fruit. I would save them for cake and biscuits. Ask your friend if that's what she does, then when she says yeah it is, tell her how you can not only have your apples and bananas when you want without counting them, but you could also have a little peice of cake, or a treat size chocolate bar or a nice big mug of hot chocolate and not worry about it. AND lose weight.

Then see how she reacts.

:D Very well said.

Sometimes I think that if you've always had a big appetite you always will :) Its what you fill the hunger with that counts and SW allows you to enjoy your big appetite and eat healthily - BONUS :)

I googled stomach shrinking - and my goodness there's a lot of nonsense out there!

Anyway, I don't think I want a smaller appetite. I like my food and lots of it! And with SW that's what I can have. Yippee!!

Thanks for the replies, found it very reassuring. You are right when I did WW I hardly ate any fruit whereas now I can quite happily tuck in. I don't go to bed feeling starving yet I am losing weight. This really doesn't feel like a diet and feels something that I can continue on with.

So I don't need to worry about my stomach I see!

The whole fruit and veg thing is really good on SW. Whenever I've been on plan properly I've eaten loads of it and felt the benefit. Now, with the EE plan, I eat even more of the stuff because I'm conscious of that third of the meal rule. I'm the only person I know who hasn't been ill since the end of summer (touch wood!!!)

Then see how she reacts.

My thoughts exactly and i know cause ive done it!!:rolleyes:

Have done WW and SW and can categorically say that SW is best. I lost 7 stones with WW 12 years since but have put every single ounce back on plus more. I know for a fact I won't do that with SW as it's much more flexible. Realistically speaking, I know I have a large appetite and nothing I do will ever change that, so it's nice to know that SW will accommodate that and I can still lose weight. :)

Last edited:
I never used to get full. I could eat n eat n eat and even though I eat as much as I want still, my stomach has shrunk - I just can't eat what I used to without it being REALLY uncomfortable so somehow it does still happen!

Back