Sw and calories

3106Catherine

Silver Member
I do red days only, I don't count calories at all I just follow the plan.

However one of the girls I work with has switched from sw to boots diet which is calorie counting. She said she doesn't think I'm eating enough and yesterday worked out the calories for an average day for me.

I'm on about 1000 calories a day, some days would be lower weekends would be higher due to alcohol!!

I know from a calorie counting point of view that's probably too low, however I'm eating well, I'm never hungry and I certainly don't want to eat for the sale of it as that's how I got to almost 16st starting point!!

I'd just be interested in peoples views. It hasn't changed my view of the plan or how I'm eating as I've never eaten better than I do now.

I'd be interested to see what you're eating hun, as your 3 hex's are worth approx 500 cals alone, plus 10 syns is 200 cals. Not sure how you could eat enough meat & veg to only eat another 300 cals and not be starving? Maybe the calorie counter is wrong?

A typical day would be hexb with pilchards for brekkie, melon mid morning, salad with chicken and extra light Mayo for lunch, more fruit in the afternoon and then hexb with extra light laughing cow then evening meal is usually roasted veg with fish or a sw 0 syn meal like the chicken curry. Syns I probably average only 5-6 in the week as the weekends I'll have a few drinks. I'm averaging 2lb a week some weeks have been less as more alcohol involved. I try to not use my syns on biscuits/crisps/choc as I'd just binge

In that case I highly doubt you are eating 1000 calories a day unless you are having miniscule portions

You do, however, need to eat more syns daily - 5 a day at least to be following the plan properly. Syns are an integral part of the plan and only using 6 a week is just not right. Even if you do fancy a few drinks at the weekend, still have 5 a day for the rest of the week and then have the 30 you've saved up (i assume you stick to 70 a week) with your days syns on the day you drink.

Sorry I didn't word that very well, I meant 5-6 a day in the week but more on a Friday/Saturday/sunday

Lol. I don't have massive portions, I fill up on veg/salad alongside my main meals. I don't eat if I'm not hungry, which is what I used to do.

I probably don't eat as many calories as the people I know who are calorie counting and as long as I'm not hungry I'm not bothered. I know sw doesn't work that way and in the 9 months I've followed it it has certainly re educated me in my eating habits.

I think you should just stick to what you know works for you and not compare yourself to others or their eating plans.

What you are doing obviously works as you've got plenty of stickers up there! I say keep doing what you are doing.

I agree!

Just stick with the plan - so long as you do it right and are happy, why count calories?

SW is about NOT having to count calories after all:)

Tak emy advice don't try and count calories and do SW, it doesn't work, I have tried it, nightmare!

Thing is you are eating your hex to get all the calcium and fibre, eating youre five fruit and veg a day and not letting yourself go hungry. So essentially you are eating a healthy diet regardless of calories.

Back