SW and exercise

downsizeme

Hi,

I am planning to go on a bike ride today, I will burn approx 900 calories(!). Can I eat more today as I will be burning so much or is that not how sw works?

Hi, no slimming world doesnt work like that, i think weight watchers does where if you do exercise you get more points or something like that, with slimming world its more eat if your hungry, and snack on superfree between your meals if your hungry, if you do any exercise then thats great but you dont get extra syns or anything from doing it.

Take some superfree with you to snack on for if your hungry and keep your energy levels up, or if you need a high energy boost then use some of your syns maybe on something more high calorie, i would prob have a meal of pasta salad or something before so you have sustained energy from the pasta, i think bananas are good with slow release energy too so maybe pack a banana to take with you?

Hope that helps :)

have fun on your bike ride!

You can eat more to satisfy your bodies need to refuel but you can't have more syns. :( that's a big calorie burn so maybe try for four balanced meals today?

Well yesterday didn't quite go to plan!

My bike which was fine last week didn't work yesterday, needs a new freewheel so had to take it to be repaired. Decided instead to take the kids roller skatng, did about 90 mins which according to myfitness pal burnt about 1200 cals!
Foodwise I didn't stick to plan...had a pancake for breakfast, chelsea bun for lunch, dinner was fine lean turkey and salad and a small peice of ciabatta. The two skinny cow lollies. I was starving by about 9 pm so had a tin of heinz bolognese! SW wise it was a bad day but calorie wise I only had about 1200 which is not enough wih the exercise I did.
Am back on plan today, I have a sw quiche in the oven at the moment for lunch, dinner will be a chinese fish and prawn dumpling soup with rice noodles. Am going on the hunt for breakfast now.

Back