SW and feeling ill?!

nettie

Gold Member
Hi everyone,
I just wondered if anyone could help?!
For about 4 days I have felt ill everytime I eat something. No matter what it is I get a terrible tummy ache and feel sick. The other night I made turkey and a big salad with boiled eggs and beetroot... looked gorgeous! I ate about 3 forks full and immediatly felt really full, bloated and sick. Has anyone else felt like this on the plan or am I coming down with something? :(
Thanks in advance x

I don't know if there's something going round but I'm sitting here waiting for the tea to cook, just had a coffe and my tummy is feeling pretty bad, all achy and crampy. I don't feel sick or anything though and I'm going to the loo OK. I don't know if I'm just bloated or what. :confused:

about an hour ago I ate 2 slices of pork, 2 brocolli floretts and a fork of swede and my tummy is really hurting now, it feels like its right in my gut and its like cramp. I feel sick but I dont know whether its the pain making me feel sick.
Hope you're better soon x

There's no reason why SW should make you ill so I reckon you are just sick. Hope you feel better soon!

Sounds nasty, is it a long time since you last ate anything (I mean apart from the pork and veg that brought it on)? I used to get this a lot the first time I lost a lot of weight but I've not had it since, I think that time I didn't really eat enough tbh. That's not a problem this time tho! :D Mm hopefully it's just a bug or something, hope you feel better soon!

This is gonna sound strange but are you sure your not constipated sometimes these are the symptoms?!

Hope you feel better soon xx

Are you on any medication? I have prescribed pain killers that give me such bad stomach pain i feel like ill throw up from the pain! Also they block me up a little bit so to speak.

Last week on Monday, half way through my second week I had a massive stomach ache. It was much higher than regular girly pain and not at all similar to IBS symptoms. It came on first time just before I ate and after, I was doubled over with pain, scrunched in a ball. I put it down to my diet changing so much. For three days it hurt when I ate anything and even when it had eased off my tummy was tender on the outside. I still have no idea what it was but I wondered if it was too much pasta. I haven't eaten any since and I've had no pain at all.
I hope you feel better soon. It's horrible feeling like that.

thanks for all the replies everyone. had a really hot bath hoping to ease the pain but nope.... bad as ever :(
nope its not constipation and i ate breakfast late so didnt eat lunch but i have snacked on fruit.
ive still got the pain now and feel hungry as i hardly ate any tea but i dont want to make this pain any worse. sounds like it may be a bug... i cannot be ill i have such a busy week at work and cannot be off.

nettie said:
thanks for all the replies everyone. had a really hot bath hoping to ease the pain but nope.... bad as ever :(
nope its not constipation and i ate breakfast late so didnt eat lunch but i have snacked on fruit.
ive still got the pain now and feel hungry as i hardly ate any tea but i dont want to make this pain any worse. sounds like it may be a bug... i cannot be ill i have such a busy week at work and cannot be off.

Hi Nettie
Hope you are feeling a bit better. We miss you in the Sunday weighers group x

I think there may be a nasty bug going round. I have been on plan for two and half months and felt brilliant, then a week ago I started to get awful cramps in my tummy, like the pains you get after labour, or really bad monthly pains. The gurgling noises were so loud they could be heard over the tv...I had a couple of " explosive episodes" (TMI sos) but had no appetite and bad cramping for a week now. I have been eating soup, probiotics, peppermint capsules and sipping flat ginger beer but nothing stopped the cramps. It got so bad on Thursday last week that I went to the GP on Friday. She said that there are a few viruses doing the rounds which I think is GP speak for "I haven't got a clue" but the pains, although still gripey today are not as violent as they have been. I have stuck to eating a couple of bananas a day, some chicken soup.. (sod the syns) and probiotics. I really don't think the eating plan is to blame as it is no more then healthy eating. Try to keep your food bland, make a hotty watty botty and keep that on your tum, drink plenty of clear fluids and rest. I hope that you feel better soon. :)

it could be due to eating something that you dont normally eat alot of and you could have a little intolerance to it-like a lot of fruit? or veg? i have been getting bad cramps on and off for the last week or so and ive noticed its whenever i eat salmon? not sure if its related so am going to try it again next week and if it happens again ill just avoid it. it might be worth stripping your diet back and just eat one food at a time and you may be able to recognise which food is triggering the stomach pains. it could be i.b.s. or trapped wind caused from an intolerance. i have ibs and common culprits for me are oranges, onion, garlic, alcohol, peppers, spicy food, bananas, mushrooms, beans, mushy peas, leeks

I have found that restaring and sticking to it 100% has given me a dodgy tummy with bloating etc....I think it is all the extra fibre and healthy food. It will settle down.

Hope you feel better x

Back