SW and pregnancy

gobolino

Gold Member
I know SW is a very healthy plan and suitable to follow when pregnant, BUT, does anyone have any experience of what SW's approach is to someone when pregnant ?

Can you be weighed throughout ? Would you still expect to lose weight if you are quite overweight to begin with ? If you're a target member and fall pregnant how does that work ? Obviously the main focus is being healthy and having a healthy pregnancy (anyone followed it throughout their pregnancy and found it fab ?)

I'm sorry for all the questions, I dont go to a class but just wondering if anyone wants to share their experiences, thanks xxx

Im 26 weeks and joined class last wednesday. As far as i know they still weigh you and you can strill lose weight. The diet does not change though. I have read of people sticking to sw throughout pregnancy and at the end of pregnancy they weigh less then the start, so im very optomistic.
Hope this helps

Thanks both - it just goes to prove how fab a plan SW is that you can follow it during pregnancy...... makes me feel very positive about it :) !!! (SW and pregnancy!)

Hi Gobolino! When you tell your consultant you're pregnant, she should give you a form which you have to take to your midwife and which you have to ask her to sign. The form also asks the midwife to write down what she wants to see in regards to your weight changes at your next appointment - i.e. maintain weight, lose X amount etc and any other info she deems necessary to your health. Your consultant needs this signature in order to allow you to continue as a member and she should be guided by your midwife at all times. The SW plan is endorsed by the Royal College of Midwives so its completely safe to do while you're pregnant and there's a special pregnancy and breastfeeding booklet available to you free of charge which gives great advice re healthy eating and getting sufficient nutrition, particularly while breastfeeding where you can have extra Healthy Extras! Hope that helps! xxx

Thanks for that info Wannabeelovely ! I might join a class as I get closer to my target (doing it alone for a while first) and if I'm not pregnant before then :)

Back