Sw and ww on different days

*soon-to-be-slim*

Silver Member
Hi all, I am doing sw at the moment but on some says when I want say a McDonalds my syns obviously don't stretch that far. So if I used the pp system on these days which is approximately 1200kcals. 28pp. Do you think this would negatively impact my weight loss?

Does anyone do this?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

so basically you want to pick and choose 2 weight loss plans to your advantage?

Why not just follow one plan at a time?

You can save syns- for optimum weight loss its 5-15 syns a day every day- but you are able to save your syns

so why not just do that?

i don't see how following 2 different plans can work. i really don't.....

slimming world works- i can vouch for it as i'm over 10 1/2 stone lighter following the plan- and i've eaten junk food from time to time!

Thanks for your response, it's just that if I say had mcchicken sandwich and chips on sw it's about 25 syns... That puts me way over and with hex's I could eat too many calories. But if on that day I could keep a eye on pp, then I could gaurentee not over eating. Ww do a plan like sw and you can combine those two... So thought this might work too....

why don't you on the odd occasion just try the saving your syns up? it might not work perfectly but my friend does it and most weeks gets a loss (unless she has like 70 syns in one night!)

if it's 25 syns then you're only going over by 10 syns. why not enjoy it then have around 10 a day average for the rest of the week? that way you are enjoying your treat and not going over

keep it simple :)

In the nicest possible way, I don't really understand your reasoning. If you have a MackyDs (or whatever) you'll be consuming the same amount of calories whether you tell yourself you're following WW or SW so what difference does it make, really? The only difference is that you might feel better about your meal if you decide you're following WW that day. If you know what you're having in advance, could you not save up some syns? I seem to recall that a McChicken sandwich isn't *that* bad anyway. You could certainly have it once a week and still have some syns left over. Or you could flexisyn your meal? SW does allow for the odd overindulgence without 'paying' for it by saving up your daily syns. Just pick an upper syn limit and stick to it.

I think this is a bad idea. You're tweaking it to fit what you're eating and not really following a plan.

On WW You can have these things and point them, but you also have to point everything else.

On SW you don't need to worry about how much free stuff you're eating (within reason) but this means you can't then have these things.

You need to pick a plan and stick with it, otherwise you're just messing about, really.

Good luck with whatever you choose! X

Just because a plan, diet, regime etc says you can have something does mean it guarantees you will loose weight. At end of day the company issuing the plan cannot force you or magic the weight off.
So in essence like they say your only cheating yourself.
That said sw does allow for "syns" why not have the chicken sandwich but skip the fries and mayo this time.
Sw is about changing mentality over your food choices with that comes loss in weight.
Follow plan that works to get towards your goals not the plan(s) that reinforce your existing habits. :) hope I make sense

I think weight watchers makes it easia to eat out and stay on plan. Thats the one thing I hate since joining SW.
But doing two plans would be hard I think.

Like if you had a few extra pp on ww day
Then a few extra syns on SW day
you would be over eating overall.

I think weight watchers makes it easia to eat out and stay on plan. Thats the one thing I hate since joining SW.

I eat out at least twice a week and lose most weeks. Ok I don't to maccies all the time but i can go to pubs, restaurants and nearly every time there is a low-syn option that i can choose and enjoy.

Like if I go to wetherspoons i have a meal for 2 syns, if i go the hungry horse i have lunch for 3 syns. subway- 2 syns.....

that's just 3 places from the top of my head :)

I eat out at least twice a week and lose most weeks. Ok I don't to maccies all the time but i can go to pubs, restaurants and nearly every time there is a low-syn option that i can choose and enjoy.

Like if I go to wetherspoons i have a meal for 2 syns, if i go the hungry horse i have lunch for 3 syns. subway- 2 syns.....

that's just 3 places from the top of my head :)

Hiya, what do you have at subway for 2 syns?

turkey breast and ham salad- you can have it totally free but i have the sweet onion dressing because i don't want it plain- thats 2 syns

Don't worry about the McChicken, just reduce tomorrows syns by 10 or something, or reduce all week by 2 syns a day? That should bounce you back up to normal Syn range :)

I also wouldn't swap and change diets. Which diet do you prefer? SW or WW?

I dont see how that would work tbh. With all due respect, its coming across that you are looking for an excuse to eat off plan, and of course its up to you what you want to do, but if you find ww more flexible then maybe SW is the wrong plan for you? You need to find something that works for you. Even if you are losing weight on sw, if you feel like you cant live on it then there is no point.

LittleFlutterby, can you tell me what I can have in Weatherspoons please? I'm in there a lot lately & a 2 syn meal sounds ideal! Many thanks.

LittleFlutterby, can you tell me what I can have in Weatherspoons please? I'm in there a lot lately & a 2 syn meal sounds ideal! Many thanks.

According to the my consultant, there are several low syn options. Sweet chilli noodles are 1 syn, Salmon fillet with jacket potato and salad is 0 syns as long as you specify no butter or sauce. There are probably more but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

According to the my consultant, there are several low syn options. Sweet chilli noodles are 1 syn, Salmon fillet with jacket potato and salad is 0 syns as long as you specify no butter or sauce. There are probably more but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

The five bean chilli is free without the tortilla chips. The steak is free if you do the same as the salmon

Five bean chilli with rice and no nachos is 1.5 syns rather than free but well worth the syns - although I must admit I usually just have the nachos too lol
You can have lots of lovely things in Wetherspoons. I know some people talk about the chicken skewers that are very low without the sauce but not sure on the syns as I am vegetarian.

I just wish I could find out the syns of the super food pasta dish as its not listed. Note to self - must write to Wetherspoons to ask them what the serving size is so I can work out the syns myself ;)

Back