SW as a maintenance programme?

shrinkin'violet

Silver Member
Could I join sw without any weight to lose, I just want to get all the books and use it to maintain my weight. I vaguely remember you get an extra hex or something? Just finishing up with the cambridge diet but don't want to go straight into that big wide world all alone just yet!

Ah ok, do you know what thats based on, BMI? My bmi is the top end of healthy, would they let me join do you think? Icould do with losing the last 7lbs still, was going to do it on cambridge...

Yeh might just do that! Any idea how sw should be adjusted to use as maintenance instead of weight loss? Thanks ladies x

If you have only just finished Cambridge, I would imagine you ought not go straight to maintenance SW anyway. I would have thought it would be better to start on small portions of regular SW first. Although SW is low calorie, surely it'd be almost double the calories of Cambridge. I'd take it slow and work your way up. You don't wanna gain weight by shocking your body with too many calories at once.
People who've followed regular SW tend to increase healthy extras one at a time until they stop losing weight

Jael said:
If you have only just finished Cambridge, I would imagine you ought not go straight to maintenance SW anyway. I would have thought it would be better to start on small portions of regular SW first. Although SW is low calorie, surely it'd be almost double the calories of Cambridge. I'd take it slow and work your way up. You don't wanna gain weight by shocking your body with too many calories at once.
People who've followed regular SW tend to increase healthy extras one at a time until they stop losing weight

Ah ok, yes that makes sense. I'm currently on step 5 cambridge so that's 1500 cals a day. I think I'll contact a swc and join thanks for advice x

Pretty close cal wise then! I do have 3 healthy meals a day plus a shake on the side at the mo. Looks like I'll be moving over to sw pretty soon then :) yay unlimited fruit!!! Thanks again x

I worked out my calories for the sake of it and they came out at about 2000 for an extra easy day and 1500 -1750 for a green day. I had to cut back yogurts , bananas and pasta sauce mixes on maintenance to stop me putting on.

Just go to the class.. you never know what might happen :)

If it were me I'd probably fill up on something heavy food wise to "put on" a bit of weight for weigh in and you might just tip the scales in the right way :p

if your info is right and you are 5foot7... then your lowest weight accepted is 9 stone. so I think in theory, anything 9st7 and above would be okay to join?

no worries at all then, I'm not close to 9 stone! All I really want is the new books and by new year I'll be ready for them so will wait till then. Really looking forward to sw actually, got on well with it a few years ago but see things have changed abit since then hence needing the books :)

well done on your weight loss so far - you have done great!

Iv been maintaing on SW for the last 6months - i love it.

I joined without knowing how much i wanted to loose, but as lilprincessvic said its normally 7pounds.

Good luck! xxx

Back