Sw Bearnaise sauce recipe?

miataiblue

Silver Member
Hi, does anyone have a sw friendly recipe for bearnaise sauce please? I'm following the weekly menu on the sw app but one of the meals is steak with bearnaise sauce and there are no syn values and I haven't got a clue how to work out the syns apart from counting the amount of tablespoons it takes to make up so many grams of mayo lmao. I've tried looking on the main sw site but it's not on there. (Sorry for the essay) Thanks xx

Here is one from the Internet, you will have to syn the butter though!

Béarnaise sauce

Ingredients
· 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
· 1 tbsp water
· ½ shallot, finely chopped
· 3 black peppercorns
· 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves(stalks saved)
· 1 large free-range egg yolk
· 75g/2¾oz butter, melted
· salt and freshly ground black pepper
·
Preparation method
1. Place the vinegar, water, shallot, peppercorns and tarragon stalks into a small saucepan over a medium heat and simmer, until you have half a tablespoon of liquid remaining. Strain the liquid into a bowl and set aside.
2. Place the egg yolk and tarragon vinegar reduction into a food processor and blend together until light and frothy.
3. With the food processor still running on its slowest speed, add the melted butter, 1 tbsp at a time, until the sauce is thick and smooth. Be careful not to over beat the mixture as it may separate.
4. Stir in the chopped tarragon and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Back