SW buffet foods...

Jess<3

Journey to 10 stone loss
Okay so Halloween party next weekend,,, wanting to do SW buffet foods, any ideas??

Going to so ferrero rochers, an.a.curry/rice an keep in slow cooker to say warm.. What else?!

Low syns as possible plz

Thanks x

What about some love superfree soups. I had a leek and potato one for my lunch, mmmm with loads of black pepper. Filling and free, well on a green and ee day! And if you do a superfree one its free on all plans! Enjoy

thanks they sound nice! il be doing some :)

What about some love superfree soups. I had a leek and potato one for my lunch, mmmm with loads of black pepper. Filling and free, well on a green and ee day! And if you do a superfree one its free on all plans! Enjoy

wow thank you for the ideas, think il deff do some of these! ive got about 5 of us who are on SW so half food will be SW style. just got to STAY AWAY from the pizza & cheesy garlic bread hubbys bought!! lol

Also with it being Halloween you could make a pumpkin soup x

im doing this through the week ;)

been really good an not drinking too! doing SW pimms so hope i like!! x

Do the smash chicken, but cut the chicken into "fingers", stick a flaked almond onto the end with a little egg, then use ketchup for blood at the "cut" end!

For nibbles I do Smash/KFC style chicken dippers, sweet potato wedges, loaded potato skins, scotch eggs, Quorn sausage hot dogs, chicken satay sticks and carrot, celery & cucumber sticks.
You could make a big bowl of SW chilli with boiled rice or soup?

oo yes kfc/chicken pops would be good. im doing a curry rice thing to keep warm in slow cooker.... scotch eggs too. whats cicken satay?

Do the smash chicken, but cut the chicken into "fingers", stick a flaked almond onto the end with a little egg, then use ketchup for blood at the "cut" end!

good idea thanks! x

For nibbles I do Smash/KFC style chicken dippers, sweet potato wedges, loaded potato skins, scotch eggs, Quorn sausage hot dogs, chicken satay sticks and carrot, celery & cucumber sticks.
You could make a big bowl of SW chilli with boiled rice or soup?
how do you do KFC style chicken dippers seen the one for drummers but want smaller ones without the messing..

Chicken or turkey strips placed on a skewer and coated in a peanut style sauce.
For the sauce:
3 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
120ml water
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp very low fat fromage frais

thanks sounds nice!

thanks x

Last night I made a load of dips and stuff for group taster, and they're all Syn free. I'm taking them on a serving platter with carrot and celery sticks.

Coleslaw: Grate half a white cabbage and 2 carrots. Finely chop a red onion. Mix together with 1 tbsp Quark and as much ff natural yogurt as you like. Add 1 tsp mustard powder and a squeeze of lemon juice and mix well.

Roasted red pepper hummus: De-seed and chop a red pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or so. Empty 1 can of chickpeas into a blender with a small amount of boiling water, garlic salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Blitz. Add a couple of tbsp ff natural yog and the red pepper, blitz until reaches preferred consistency.

Garlic "mayo": Mix 1tbsp Quark with 2-3 tbsps of yogurt and garlic salt.

Chunky salsa: Roughly chop a handful of cherry tomatoes, a red onion and half a red pepper. Add a squirt of tomato puree or a tbsp chopped tomatoes and chilli to taste (I use pre-chopped chillis, something like "very lazy chilli")

Oh, and you could do cocktail sticks with chopped up WW Premium Pork Sausages (half a Syn per sausage), measured blocks of cheese (HExA) and pickled onions (FREE!)

Make a pizza using a WW Tortilla Wrap (5.5 Syns) topped with pasatta, red onion, peppers, mushrooms, chicken/ham, cherry tomatoes and cheese (HExA). Cut up into slices.

What about bite-size burgers. Extra lean beef mince, 1 finely chopped red onion, aromat and soy sauce - mix the whole lot together and mold into mini burger patties. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes or so.

Quorn "chicken" nuggets are only half a Syn each. They're really handy, just pop them in the oven for 10 minutes.

What about a pasta salad? Just boil up some pasta, allow to cool and add your fillings and "sauce" (yogurt, quark or low fat mayo). One of my faves is pasta, lettuce, cucumber, red onion and low fat mayo.

Oh, and you could do cocktail sticks with chopped up WW Premium Pork Sausages (half a Syn per sausage), measured blocks of cheese (HExA) and pickled onions (FREE!)

Make a pizza using a WW Tortilla Wrap (5.5 Syns) topped with pasatta, red onion, peppers, mushrooms, chicken/ham, cherry tomatoes and cheese (HExA). Cut up into slices.

What about bite-size burgers. Extra lean beef mince, 1 finely chopped red onion, aromat and soy sauce - mix the whole lot together and mold into mini burger patties. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes or so.

Quorn "chicken" nuggets are only half a Syn each. They're really handy, just pop them in the oven for 10 minutes.

What about a pasta salad? Just boil up some pasta, allow to cool and add your fillings and "sauce" (yogurt, quark or low fat mayo). One of my faves is pasta, lettuce, cucumber, red onion and low fat mayo.

more great ideas thanks!! think il do all of theses :D cant wait to get cooking :)

heres what i did...

Attachments

• DSCF5730.JPG
    DSCF5730.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCF5731.JPG
    DSCF5731.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCF5732.JPG
    DSCF5732.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCF5733.JPG