SW Certificates

Some consultants only give stickers as they have to pay for the certificates so some don't use them x

Really? Thats not very fair on the people who don't get them. We all pay the same price in the end so we should get the same things.

My consultant gives them out but the one I went to before didn't, or stickers, well you got a sticker if you asked, but they wernt offered. I heard also they pay for them out of their own pocket.

My C only does certificates for slimmer of the week/month, and for target, presumably. She's great, and really dedicated, but it does wind me up!

The certificates can be great to stick up in strategic places where you may actually find your willpower fading. I have mine stuck on my fridge in a clip so it makes me think when I open the fridge.

I hadn't realised that Certificates actually had a personal cost to the consultant and were not provided as part of the service contract.
Becoming a consultant is on my Radar but I am learning so much about it, after the meetings and it is making me take more time to think things over before taking the plunge. The financial outlay is not insignificant either but I am passionate about losing weight as it has genuinely turned my life around!

The certificates can be great to stick up in strategic places where you may actually find your willpower fading. I have mine stuck on my fridge in a clip so it makes me think when I open the fridge.

I hadn't realised that Certificates actually had a personal cost to the consultant and were not provided as part of the service contract.
Becoming a consultant is on my Radar but I am learning so much about it, after the meetings and it is making me take more time to think things over before taking the plunge. The financial outlay is not insignificant either but I am passionate about losing weight as it has genuinely turned my life around!

The Consultants have to pay for the certificates which is why some of them don't do it.

I've heard a lot about the costs of becoming a SW Consultant. I suppose it depends on how many people you have at group. My Consultant does not have any other job and she does this one day a week where she has 4 groups in the one day and 300 members which come to group and that is increasing every week. In my group which is the least popular one as its at 8p.m., we have had 9 people join in the last two weeks.

She must be taking it in!

I wouldn't mind doing it myself once I got to target as it fits in with home life commitments, but of course, it has to be profitable too!

Our consultant gives us the sticker on the day and pins the certificates on a board, then she gives them all out at the end of the month. I don't think I've ever been to a class where they haven't given out stickers and certificates, they should all do it regardless of the cost, which I have to say, can't really be that much.

The consultants have to pay for all the "stationery" (for want of a better word) that they use. Stickers, certificates, posters, display boards, leaflets, etc. Also advertising, if they put something in the local paper, or a poster in a shop window, for instance. The leaflets that they deliver door to door have to be paid for twice a year. They have to find a venue and pay for it. And that all comes out of what is left after they have paid most of their takings to SW.

I sometimes wonder why anyone does it, to be honest! I certainly wouldn't blame any consultant for trying to cut outgoings where possible.

Our group has started getting certificates for slimmer of the week/month while other awards are just stickers. I love the stickers though so that's not a problem but reading this thread has been enlightening!

Thanks everyone.

I personally wouldn't even mind too much having to pay to get my Certificate - think it's a big part of losing weight is to have something showing me exactly what I have/am losing.

I like having the sticker but feel the Certificate is a much better idea and is more challenging to achieve my next Certificate.

I understand they have costs, but so do any business and self-employed person, there will always be costs to run things.

Thanks again.

Amelia

This is true, but often consultants find that the certificates are just thrown out - it certainly happened in the group that I went to, and I have always told the consultant not to give me one as it has no importance for me. Perhaps the solution is for consultants to buy in a small stock and ask if people would like one.

Alternatively you could print off a certificate if it really means that much to you and you feel like it would benefit you in the long run.

Alternatively you could print off a certificate if it really means that much to you and you feel like it would benefit you in the long run.

Not quite the same though is it...

I could print off a certificate stating that I'm the bestest at everything, but it wouldn't mean a jot if it wasn't presented to me in front of everyone so they can all see how bestest I am and clap and bask in my glory.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter how old we are, it's nice to share an important achievement with others and quite honestly if you've earned the damned thing then you should be presented with it!

Also, ( sorry to quote you again I'm not picking on you , honest lol )why should she have to? She pays her subs like everyone else, it's not her fault her consultants tight and won't fork out for the stationery that will clearly boost her customers self esteem.

I've always been given certificates by my consultants and I have no use for them at all, it's the sticker that is meaningful to me. Now that I know they have to pay for them I'll tell my consultant not to give me any in the future, no point in her wasting her money! I do feel that if it is meaningful to you, you should be given it. As others have said, we're all paying the same price and should get the same benefits!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter how old we are, it's nice to share an important achievement with others and quite honestly if you've earned the damned thing then you should be presented with it!

I don't necessarily disagree with you but it's clear from this thread there isn't a consistent scheme across the Slimming World group with regards to certificates: some get them, others don't.

It's true she shouldn't have to print one off herself, but she said looking at them would help her stay motivated - if it's the case of needing visual stimulants then regardless of whether it was given to you or you got it yourself, the visual aid is still there. As Phoenix_Girl said they can be a great motivator to put up where you feel your willpower starts waning so again, if you've earned it it shouldn't matter whether you got given it or you got one yourself if your weight loss journey is important to you, then you'd do whatever it takes to help keep you on the right path - no?

Personally the shiny stickers do it for me but I can see why the certificates are attractive to others!

Back