SW chicken kievs! Nom nom nom!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all, just thought I'd share with you that I made the chicken kievs tonight from the 'Comfort Food' supplement that came with the new (October) edition of SW mag! It's really lovely, although a bit messy to make (but that's just me!!)

You just make slits in chicken breasts, make a mixture of quark, crushed garlic, fresh parsley and fresh tarragon (actually I cheated and used dried tarragon) and lemon juice, spoon into the slits and secure with cocktail sticks. Brush with beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs (I used 2 slices of bread between 4 breasts= 2.5 syns per chicken breast). Spray with Frylight and bake in the oven.

I had mine with sweet potato chips and stirfried veg and it was lush!! OK you don't get the garlic butter thing going on but to be honest with you I wouldn't like that greasiness anymore! The garlicky/herby/lemony quark mixture was just right!X

i do a similar thing with dairylea light triangles, mix the triangle with the herbs and garlic and stuff the chicken, then wrap in bacon :) delish!!

i do a similar thing with dairylea light triangles, mix the triangle with the herbs and garlic and stuff the chicken, then wrap in bacon :) delish!!

Also nice with laughing cow deli lite blue cheese and wrapped in bacon! I wanted to try the breadcrumbs as hadn't done that before! I was impressedX

ohhhhh thanks i picked up my magazine from tesco today and really fancyed trying the recipe so im glad you liked it, actually quite a few recipes that i want to try im really pleased about the wee book lol

I have done this the same sort of thing but have added spinach with the cheese its keeps it nice and moist and a great way to each spinach as not a lover of it.

I love doing this at Christmas and use cranbery roule instead of the laughing cow, never worked out the syns for this cheese probably to many but it is at Christmas and its absolutly gaaaaaawjuuuuuuuuuuuus

I have done this the same sort of thing but have added spinach with the cheese its keeps it nice and moist and a great way to each spinach as not a lover of it.

I love doing this at Christmas and use cranbery roule instead of the laughing cow, never worked out the syns for this cheese probably to many but it is at Christmas and its absolutly gaaaaaawjuuuuuuuuuuuus

Ooh will have to try this....at Christmas!!XXX

i made these kievs last night, i'm sure they'd be nicer without the tarragon and i couldn't get hold of any quark so used garlic and herb philly light with 2 garlic loves, it was lovely

I made these from the SW website tonight

2tbsps fromage frais
1tbsp chopped parsley
2tbsps Parmesan
2 garlic cloves

Again covered in breadcrumbs and .5 tsp of Parmesan was absolutely gorgeous with syn free chips and salad

2.5 syns per serving filling serves 4

Back