SW chips compared to oven chips

I'm another that usually microwaves them first for ease (same with wedges), but the other day I decided to treat myself and do 'proper' SW chips, par-boiled and all, and my God they tasted amazing!! Well worth the extra effort to get those crispy crunchy bits that you don't get from the microwave!!

The problem I've had is that they either taste of fry light (which puts me off, maybe I use too much?) or I par boil them too long and they all break up, or they only brown in parts and end up looking like dalmations lol! All my own fault by the way, I've seen some cracking photos of them on here! xx

Rumble, I parboil mine in chicken bovril (1 Tbsp in a pan of boiling water) before seasoning with black pepper or a bbq mix, which really helps the flavour for me. Taste way more like chips, less like frylight and salt, lol. Maybe you could try something similar? Knorr do a really nice range of liquid stocks that dissolve in hot water instantly (chicken, veggie and beef - all syn free), if you don't like the bovril.

I parboil mine then shake in a zippie bag with a crumbled oxo cube and herbs. :) Makes them DELISH!

That's a good one Shrimpy, I'm gonna try that!

yes i like the shake in a bag plan.....mmmmmm!!!! I have such an awesome selection of spices since starting SW!!! x

I eat chips nearly every day but mostly with my HEA cheese on top :) x when I eat them I don't feel bad n I prefer them to normal chips x

<3... Victoria-Louise...<3.

I love sw chips, I was a bit worried about what my fussy 5 year old would think but he thinks they are better than frozen oven chips! My fiance does too so its all good! xx

I never bother with chips - I make wedges with the skin on. Sometimes I zap them in the microwave or sometimes I just bung them straight in the oven. I always make more than I need and nibble on them thru the evening! xx

I never bother with chips - I make wedges with the skin on. Sometimes I zap them in the microwave or sometimes I just bung them straight in the oven. I always make more than I need and nibble on them thru the evening! xx

I do that too! Use them as snacks x

This thread prompted my double helping of SW chips today...delish!

Hi where do you get peri peri sprinkle from,and what does the pack look like, thanks!

Hey Hun,

I got mine from the spice isle in tesco where all of the shwartz spices are kept as it's in a glass container. I wouldn't have slimming world chips without it now.

Oh yum.. My supper time was yummilicious..

So was mine....my dad loved it & he didn't even know it was diet food lol!

Oh sorry to be a pain, is it in a jar like all the other herbs and spices? I shop at Asda so assume the spice area would sell the same stuff. |Thanks x

Oh sorry to be a pain, is it in a jar like all the other herbs and spices? I shop at Asda so assume the spice area would sell the same stuff. |Thanks x

It should be in the same area as it's a spice/seasoning and it's in a glass jar a bit bigger than the schwartz jars & with a black lid. I've tried logging onto asda online to check for you but the site is down at the moment so give it a go later if you can. I always find that asda & tesco are better than the other supermarkets at finding stuff like this. I'm so addicted I might buy one for my handbag to spice things up when I'm out lol! xx

Back