SW chips compared to oven chips

Lady A said:
It should be in the same area as it's a spice/seasoning and it's in a glass jar a bit bigger than the schwartz jars & with a black lid. I've tried logging onto asda online to check for you but the site is down at the moment so give it a go later if you can. I always find that asda & tesco are better than the other supermarkets at finding stuff like this. I'm so addicted I might buy one for my handbag to spice things up when I'm out lol! xx

Lol thats some thing my mum would do- buy something for taking out with her!

Lol thats some thing my mum would do- buy something for taking out with her!

Your mother bear sounds like my kinda gal! It's gotta be done hun....Even though I don't like my food too hot I also don't like it totally bland either so a little sprinkle helps keep diet food interesting. xx

It should be in the same area as it's a spice/seasoning and it's in a glass jar a bit bigger than the schwartz jars & with a black lid. I've tried logging onto asda online to check for you but the site is down at the moment so give it a go later if you can. I always find that asda & tesco are better than the other supermarkets at finding stuff like this. I'm so addicted I might buy one for my handbag to spice things up when I'm out lol! xx
Thanks so much for this and taking the trouble to look online for me! Will defo have a look when I next shop, again thanks you x

I love the SW chips.

Just before they go in the oven I sprinkle them in paprika, and they are delish.
They go a lovely golden colour, look like oven chips but taste much nicer. x

Hi guys
SW chips?? Are they frozen or something?? Where can I buy them?

Also when u guys are saying u had chips and omelette for dinner - do u not need the 1/3 plate of veg?
(can't u tell I'm new!!) :)

Hi guys
SW chips?? Are they frozen or something?? Where can I buy them?

Also when u guys are saying u had chips and omelette for dinner - do u not need the 1/3 plate of veg?
(can't u tell I'm new!!) :)

You can't buy them you make them yourself:D They're just potatoes cut into chip shape and baked in Fry Light for about 40min.

Maybe the people who had chips & omelette also had veg, or maybe they were on Green/Red when you dont need the 1/3 superfree.

Any welcome, you'll soon get used to it :)

Aww thanks for that. Think I'll try them tomorrow!
Re the fry light, do u only spray once or a few times (within reason!)

Aww thanks for that. Think I'll try them tomorrow!
Re the fry light, do u only spray once or a few times (within reason!)

Well Your only suppose to spray 'within reason' which most people seem to find is about 5-10 sprays but I usually do about 30-40 sprays and it hasn't done me any harm :D

How I do it is make the potatoes chip-shaped, parboil them for a few min (5-10min), drain and shake to fluff them up a bit so they go crispy easier. Then put them in a tray already sprayed with Fry Light (so they dont stick). Keep plenty of space between them so they can crisp up (use two trays if necessary) then I sprinkle some salt over, sometimes a few spices as well (I like the Schwartz Piri Piri at the mo), spray liberally (*cough* :D ) with Fry Light and bake for about 40 min or until starting to brown, turning once or twice.

Some people do it with other veggies too to make it evenhealthier and equally yum - I lurrrrve it done with celeriac (see this thread) and swede is not bad either.

Enjoy! :)

6017448083_a2565bb0fb_o.jpg

It depends what quantities you have, etc. I usually have a vegetable omelette with cheese (HEX), mushroom, red onion, tomato, and peppers. I put LOADS of vegetables in there, and serve with a few chips. That way, I'm still getting my 1/3 superfree :)

Or, you could serve it with salad too, just to be sure. But I tend to chop everything first, and actually 'measure' 1/3 of my plate is full of the veg before I put it into my omelette. Hope this makes sense.

Back