SW chips on a red day?!?!

They can be a B choice if you keep the skins on and have 227g.

No HEXB as they are peeled!

Why not do an Extra Easy day and have them for free?
x

That's right -
227g with skins on = B choice on a red day
227g peeled = 16 syns on a red day (2 syns per 28g).

Extra Easy is a new plan where you can have free food from both red and green plans - search and you will find several excellent threads explaining it :)

Just looked in the book, it says chips, homemade without any fat, baked 1 syn per 28g.

Looked at potatoes on red syn values new potatoes in skins 1 syn per 28g

old flesh only 1 syn for 28g but if you leave the skin on old potatoes you get 57g for 1 1/2 syns.

Just looked in the book, it says chips, homemade without any fat, baked 1 syn per 28g.

Looked at potatoes on red syn values new potatoes in skins 1 syn per 28g

old flesh only 1 syn for 28g but if you leave the skin on old potatoes you get 57g for 1 1/2 syns.

Oops! :sign0007::booboo:

Princess Sausage is completely correct. (i had never turned over the page for the chips bit)

I have always used 2 syns/28g, and now realise that this is cooked weight baked potato inc skin.

I am actually relieved that :

a. its not as bad as I have always counted and
b. people don't believe everything they read

It is alright to use your Heb potato with skin on for wedges but if it's not your Heb you would have to count syns for it.

If they had the skins on I think you can count them as a healthy b If you dont have a b left you will need to count 8 syns I think, actually perhaps 6 as they are old potatoes skin on and you get 57g for 1 1/2 syns. I have even confused myself and I know this plan backwards!!!!

...lol ... we have all managed to confuse ourselves on this one (and I think at least part of that is my fault :eek:)

ho hum - yes you used your HB choice aimeesmumy ...

Back