sw chips on red days.

Ya can have a 230g baking potato as a healthy b on red so if ya use that i'd say free xx

Alternatively if you wanted to syn them it's 4.0 syns on a red day per 100gs home made baked without fat. :0)

If you use it as a HEX you have to leave the skin on though :)

I've never heard that before either. Looove SW chips and often have them as a HEB (and always leave the skin on) :)

i know its too late now lol but some people at my group make chips with carrot/turnip, are those free on red? sorry i only do green and EE as i dont eat alot of meat besides chicken occasionly!

How come you have to leave skin on? I never do this and I have them as healthy extra on a red day alot.

Potatoes dont count as a HEX on Red unless they have the skin on as the whole point in HEXBs is fibre - once you peel them you've thrown all that fibre away! So the potato no longer qualifies for a HEXB.

From the SW website (and the same as in the book):

200g new potatoes with skin, raw weight
230g baking potato (including skin), raw weight

Those are the only potatoes that qualify as a HEXB. :)

ermintrude said:
Potatoes dont count as a HEX on Red unless they have the skin on as the whole point in HEXBs is fibre - once you peel them you've thrown all that fibre away! So the potato no longer qualifies for a HEXB.

From the SW website (and the same as in the book):

200g new potatoes with skin, raw weight
230g baking potato (including skin), raw weight

Those are the only potatoes that qualify as a HEXB. :)

Strange, I've always took skin off and up to date always had a loss, think I'll have a word with my consultant about it.

chelle86 said:
Strange, I've always took skin off and up to date always had a loss, think I'll have a word with my consultant about it.

It's not really strange it's how the plan is set out to work. Your consultant won't tell you any different to what ermintrude has said. But if you are losing by taking skin off then that's up to you but for the potatoe to be classed as a hex the skin is meant to be on.

I never use potatoes as a HEB on red, but when I'm doing green and ee I always leave the skin on for everything, chips, mash ect. I think the skin is yummy and its the best part for you as well

HEBs are not about weight loss though - they are about nutrition so you may be losing weight but you will not be getting the fibre you are supposed to and you are not following the plan ;)

Rochelle - yes, they would be free. Well, definitely the carrots. :)

Ermintrude - Thx for that info. I never realised that. it shows that even when you think you know most things, there's always something new to learn and it's always useful going back to basics once in a while!

Ah I see. Doesn't matter how many times you do a diet there's always little bits to slip up on. I must start having my healthy a's and b's too.
Should I be keeping the skins on when I have them on a green day too??

Sorry, not directly related...you said you have PCOS and can only do red days. Why? I have PCOS too but I don't cut green day's out, I don't have as many as I normally would have before I was diagnosed but I didn't need to cut them completely. I do 5/6 Red/EE days with 1 or 2 green day's chucked in. Doesn't seem to effect my weight loss since I'm a slow loser anyway, actually if i do all red's i go even slower.

And slimming world chips in the skin are gorgeous...especially spinkled with paprika :D

ally - i was advised by the gp to have a very low carb diet. i have found that when i eat more carbs i put weight on quicker than when i cut down on them - sw red days are lower carb days. i spoke with my gp last week about the pcos and he did say again that i need to avoid having a high carb diet. which sucks really because when i am due to ovulate i crave mash potato butties! :0 lol.
xxx

Back