SW chips

mommyB

love it
i know basically how to make them but i thort i saw the other day that someone said they zap theirs in the microwave rather than boiling them first-can anyone confirm this and how long to zap them for?

Will do!
We have SW chips about 3 sometimes 4 times a week here, my OH wont even entertain buying frozen ones now but it's me who has to cook them all the time now!
So I just chip them with the skins on in the morning, leave them in the pot of water and put on to boil when I start tea.

I have put mine in the microwave before. If it was 1 large potato i cut up I just put them in for 5 mins like a jacket potato it seems to work:)

nettie xx

I don't pre-cook them at all; just chop them up and spray well with fry light, then bake in the oven for 30 mins at 220ºc. While they're baking I spray them a few more times with fry light.

I always do mine in the microwave..cant be bothered boiling the water!! Lol
You can either chip them (as normal chips), or do them as you would a jacket potato and pierce it straight through the middle.
A decent size spud normally takes 6 mins, but keep checking.
Pre-heat oven to highest setting.
Once potatoes are cool enough (a cooked through), chip them or wedges. Spray a baking tray with frylight, put chips on, spray again and add a little salt. Put in oven until crispy.
It sounds like a lot of faff, but it really isnt and they are delicious!

I always put them in the micro first~turn your oven on to highest setting, peel your spuds, cut and put them in micro for about 7-10mins (thats for 2 large potatoes but keep checking). When I bring them out I put them into a colander and give them a shake. I then spray them with frylight and sprinkle with garlic salt and place on a wire mesh thingy that it supposed to make them crispier and it definately does. Hope this helps xx

When I do my chips I cut the potato into wedges and leave the skin on and stick in the steamer for ten mins. At the same time I spray an oven tray with fry light and stick in the oven to heat up. Chuck the chips on the hot tray and they sizzle, spray with some fry light and shake them about and put on some seasoning then stick back in the oven for about 30 mins (taking them out and giving them a shake once or twice during this time). This makes them soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside.

OMG! just made the chips ( used microwave and oven) and there were lush-better than i remember them from last itme-will ba having then again-guess i can use sweet potatos too?

OK, what am I doing wrong then...I par boil the chips and then put them in the hottest oven but they still seem to take forever to cook :-(

a lady at my group says that her hubby grates an onion over the chips / wedges and then roasts them and they are supposed to be delicious. may try this on sunday.

Tara, I chop red onions and throw mushrooms in with mine, OH loves with with paprika sprinkled over the top before frylighting and slamming in the old oven. x

I like them seasoned with rosemary and thyme or tex mex seasoning depending on what I'm serving them with.

Back