SW chips

Shelliewoo83

Silver Member
Really fancy SW Chips tonight with my steak, but rather than do EE I prefer to stick to red day as it suits me best. Could I get away with a portion of SW chips as a HEB?

Also I have noticed people saying they have x amount of sins left for the week. Is everyone adding there weekly allowance up an using it freely over the week? Does this work?

Really fancy SW Chips tonight with my steak, but rather than do EE I prefer to stick to red day as it suits me best. Could I get away with a portion of SW chips as a HEB?

Is there definitely no chance of changing today to EE? It would be the best option.

Potatoes peeled and prepared this way would not count as a HEB I'm afraid ... it's new potatoes in their skins or a jacket potato. Edited to say: yes you can cook these as SW chips - sorry for any confusion

Also I have noticed people saying they have x amount of sins left for the week. Is everyone adding there weekly allowance up an using it freely over the week? Does this work?

Edited as I misread earlier, yes, people use a variety of methods to count their syns. Some favour between 10-15 each day, some start on 105 and work down to zero, some like to keep some back for a night out etc etc.

It's best not to deprive yourself at all though and it's recommended you have at least 5 a day.

x

Last edited:
Could I get away with a portion of SW chips as a HEB?

Just as long as you weigh the potato to the correct amount and leave the skin on.

Some people find that works better for them but you need to be happy having fewer syns on some days to make up for those when you are using more. You should still have a minimum of 5 a day though. You have to try it and see if it works for you.

Thanks for the replies, will stick to 10-15 syns a day i think. Could try EE today but am scared as I'm a bit of a carb freak, and I know they are free but I get carried away and eat even if I'm not hungry, which is why I limited carbs on red day. Maybe I will do EE at the weekends, and red during the week

They are yummie!!!! I like mine really crunchy!

How ever long it takes really, I always boil them for a bout ten minutes cause they go mushier when u shake um in the pan then, and that's the bits which go crispy. I re spray with fry light half way through as well. Did u make urs tonight? How were they?

I like mine nice and crispy too so they are in the oven for a good 45 mins! Worth the wait though

Definitely! I'd even go as far to say I enjoy them more than the chippy!!!!

I love SW chips. Espcially with a sprinkle of garlic powder or paprika to flavour them a bit. Yum!

I love them I leave the skins in and either put cajuan spice on them or with bacon bits and spring onion and I make a dip of half fat creme fresh with lemon juice and cucumber is like sour cream so yummy feel so naughty eating it!

Baby-belle said:
I love them I leave the skins in and either put cajuan spice on them or with bacon bits and spring onion and I make a dip of half fat creme fresh with lemon juice and cucumber is like sour cream so yummy feel so naughty eating it!

Do u have to syn the bacon bits? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

2 differing opinions on using potatoes as a HExB - which would be correct? i've usually weighed out potatoes, left the skin on and cooked them in the oven chopped up small, wedged or roasted, all done with fry light? Am i wrong in doing this? Thanks x

I cut mine into chips and stick em in microwave for a few minutes first, just on a plate, then they dont take as long in the oven. I like my chips fat and soggy lol, so I prefer mine wi beans or mushy peas on Mmmmm x

2 differing opinions on using potatoes as a HExB - which would be correct? i've usually weighed out potatoes, left the skin on and cooked them in the oven chopped up small, wedged or roasted, all done with fry light? Am i wrong in doing this? Thanks x

As long as you stick to the weighed amount (raw) and eat the skin you can have them roast, chipped, boiled or whatever you like.

I have amended my reply on the first page to say yes you can have weighed potatoes in their skins cooked in any SW friendly fashion on a red day.

Hope this is more clear, sorry for any confusion :)

Back