SW consultancy talks

*Emsie* said:
Anyone been to one of these about being a new consultant? Just wondering what to expect. Am supposed to be going to one tomorrow and my head is really not in the right place :sigh:

Hey I'm going to one tomorrow too. Why is your head not in the right place?

*Emsie* said:
Just got some stress and stuff going on at home, hope yours goes well x

Oh I see. sorry to hear that Hun. Your allowed to take along a friend with you if you like. If your heads not quite right maybe they can go with you? Your given a notepad and pen to make notes so maybe ur friend could take notes and you can chat about it later on? It lasts for a few hours. Alternatively you could call whoever called you or sent the invite and ask for another talk maybe after Xmas? Xx

All the ops-events are is to go through what is expected of you as a consultant - the amount of work outside of group, and to give you an idea of the costs - no interview or anything at the event - just information to take home and digest and follow up on if you wish to take it to interview stage.

All the ops-events are is to go through what is expected of you as a consultant - the amount of work outside of group, and to give you an idea of the costs - no interview or anything at the event - just information to take home and digest and follow up on if you wish to take it to interview stage.

What costs are involved in becoming a consultant?

ginlin said:
What costs are involved in becoming a consultant?

It's the start up costs of buying products boards etc. I think someone said it's between £600-£2k depending on which package you like. But before you become one you have to have an interview first.
I'm going to my consultant talk in a few hours so will report back to you if you like? X

It's something I'd like to do, but currently I can't fit it in around work. I work full time + 1 in 4 Saturdays and 1 in 8 Sundays. Plus I have a 2 yr old. Maybe in a few years depending on hubby's job & if I can drop down to 4 days at work. Here's hoping!

It's the start up costs of buying products boards etc. I think someone said it's between £600-£2k depending on which package you like. But before you become one you have to have an interview first.
I'm going to my consultant talk in a few hours so will report back to you if you like? X

Yes please, but I hadn't realised you had to put up that type of money to start.

ginlin said:
Yes please, but I hadn't realised you had to put up that type of money to start.

Yeah that's what I've heard but I'll have a clearer view of it all later on tonight.
In order for me' to afford it if I definately go ahead I'm selling my car and down grading. Especially as my car is small and wouldn't be big enough to store all the bits in. I work an 8:30-4 job mon to fri so I'm planning on setting up few classes in evenings and at weekend too. I'm excited about it all. :) xx

X Kelly X said:
Yeah that's what I've heard but I'll have a clearer view of it all later on tonight.
In order for me' to afford it if I definately go ahead I'm selling my car and down grading. Especially as my car is small and wouldn't be big enough to store all the bits in. I work an 8:30-4 job mon to fri so I'm planning on setting up few classes in evenings and at weekend too. I'm excited about it all. :) xx

Oh also I know they can organise a good loan on a special deal with nat west if you don't have the funds available right away. X

Oh also I know they can organise a good loan on a special deal with nat west if you don't have the funds available right away. X

Thanks and good luck x

How did the talk go Kelly?

How did the talk go Kelly?

Hiya
Sorry i havent got back to you! :booboo:
The talk went well and I have put my name forward for it, but i will probably see if i pass the interview first and then start training this time next year after most of my weight has gone.
There was a lot of info to take in and I made a lot of notes.
Basically start up costs start from £815 up to £1650 and depending on how many groups you do too.
I would say if your interested in it, contact them and you will be sent an invite for opportunity event near your area. You can take a friend/relative with you for extra ears and your joined by a few local consultants who put in their input etc. Its alot to do with advertising and you HAVE to work sundays/bank holidays and deliver 3,000 leaflets within 3 weeks.
If you want any more info let me know and ill type some of the notes i made to you on here to give you a better look at things.
xxxx

It's the advertising bit which has always put me off. That's a lot of leaflets, and I think it's 4 times a year too!!

Thanks Kelly,
I will give it some thought, and if I need to pick your brains, I'll come back to you x

It's the advertising bit which has always put me off. That's a lot of leaflets, and I think it's 4 times a year too!!

yeah thats right its seems like a lot of work to be honest but good body magic lol.
your meant to do it, xmas, easter, summer hols and sept time. Meant to be where your bank holidays fall i think and you have to get at least 25 new members within 1 week for proper earnings... :confused:

Back