SW Crisps - Green or Extra Easy

Tazzypop

Got this fantastic recipe at meeting last night which you may have already seen

Cook lasagne sheets until soft, drain and place on kitchen roll to absorb extra moisture

Cut into dorito size triangles and place on a baking tray and cover with a few sprays of frylight. Add any seasoning you fancy, I used salt on one batch and piri piri schwatrz seasoning to the other.

Place in high oven for about 5 minutes but keep and eye on them as they burn very quickly

Turn on kitchen roll to absorb any oil residue and enjoy:D

I just made a batch and ate them all but the piri one were quite spicy so I dipped them into fromage frais... delish

Got this fantastic recipe at meeting last night which you may have already seen

Cook lasagne sheets until soft, drain and place on kitchen roll to absorb extra moisture

Cut into dorito size triangles and place on a baking tray and cover with a few sprays of frylight. Add any seasoning you fancy, I used salt on one batch and piri piri schwatrz seasoning to the other.

Place in high oven for about 5 minutes but keep and eye on them as they burn very quickly

Turn on kitchen roll to absorb any oil residue and enjoy:D

I just made a batch and ate them all but the piri one were quite spicy so I dipped them into fromage frais... delish

I made these the other week and used all purpose seasoning for flavouring. They're great aren't they? In fact I think I'll make a batch today to take to work to snack on.

Although it is worth remembering that SW consider it 'food abuse'. Personally I think that if you can eat them and continue to lose weight then fair game.

I think it means that if a free food is altered into something it wasn't meant for (like lasagne into crisps), then you're supposed to syn them. A lot of people don't though, and get away with it. I've never tried them so can't really comment!

Yeah that's what it is. Think about it ... if you're using lasagne sheets as intended then (if you're like me) you'll using 5 or 6 sheets making a huge dish of lasagne and maybe eat a quarter of it in a meal. However is you use them to make crisps it would be really easy to sit down in front of the telly and munch your way through loads of sheets. Also, your lasagne will be part of a proper meal with veggies/meat/salad etc but your 'crisps' are just a snack!

So what about crisps made from potato? Is that classed as food abuse too? I used to make my own all the time for hubby's kids, they loved them...... and now stock cubes are syn free, so are the crisps (we crumble an oxo cube over them before cooking so they're Beef flavour). J x

I guess mash potato pizza is food abouse too then? Hey ho I don't care I'm gonna try these anyway - got to be better that binge eating hula hoops like I did last night!

Thanks for that, still gonna give them a go, just won't go to mad with them, I get weighed on monday and I've 3lb to lose for my 1st stone!

So what about crisps made from potato? Is that classed as food abuse too? I used to make my own all the time for hubby's kids, they loved them...... and now stock cubes are syn free, so are the crisps (we crumble an oxo cube over them before cooking so they're Beef flavour). J x
I love these too, I've got a microwave crisp maker, had a few over the years. Think this food abuse is fairly recent, as I remember when I did go to class...a few years ago now, we were encouraged to do things like this. Better that than eat real crisps. Also the other new no no is using polenta or couscous as flour for cakes...better the occasional batch of these than real cakes I say!!

are stock cubes free now then???

WE got told last week that cous cous cake must now be syn'd and that other things such as lasagne crisps should be syn'd too. Apparently potato crisps are still ok, as is mash pizza cos that was in the SW magazine not too long ago.

I think everything in moderation. Having lasagne crisps has still got to be better than eating full fat crisps or tortilla chips. I don't have more than 2 sheets of lasagne when I make mine anyway and they're so fiddly I only have them about once a week.

I love these but only have them as a treat now with sweetner and cinnamon on Mmmmmm lovley. :D

How far is this going to be taken, for example, I've been making rice pud for ages as have many other people...should this be classed as misuse & syned?

After all it could be eaten between meals the same as the cakes crisps etc, same with mousse, Ice Cream all could be completely over eaten, which is I understand the reason these things should now be syned...the thing I struggle to get my head around is how the decision is made to syn some things for the same reason but not others...any ideas anyone?

Although I will continue to do all these things in moderation as they have helped me to get to target 3 times now...maybe by using the scenic route, but better to take a little longer & stick to it than use the fast lane & give up half way through!

Back