1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

SW & detox water?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Slan22, 3 April 2014 Social URL.

1. Slan22

Slan22 Active Member

Does anyone have the detox water alongside SW? I've tried it and I'm not overly keen but if it helps weight loss I think I could manage, or is it just total nonsense and stick to plain water?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Slan22

Slan22 Active Member

The detox water for anyone who is curious is water, lime, lemon, mint and cucumber in a jug.

4. coughdrops

coughdrops Well-Known Member

We were told about it yesterday in group. Going to try it, because I've been drinking too much sugar free squash, and I want to cut it out yet still have some flavour.

Dunno if it'll make much difference than plain water though.

5. coughdrops

oh and we were told grapefruit, organge, lemon, cucumber, mint.... it's all the same I'm sure, but might taste nicer?

6. Slan22

Slan22 Active Member

That sounds much nicer! Mine tastes really harsh, not nice at all!

7. coughdrops

I'll let you know tomorrow after I've done a run to shops. I think it sounds quite refreshing, but it might end up being rotten

8. Slan22

Slan22 Active Member

I was expecting the lemon/lime to be quite refreshing but no, just a bit too harsh for me lol

9. coughdrops

Do you know if you replace the fruit slices every time you refill the jug? Just thinking that I usually go through 3 litres of water a day so I'll be flying through the slices if I have to keep changing them. Might I get 2 fills out of them?

10. Slan22

Slan22 Active Member

No I think it's every day or every other day.

11. deleted

Last edited: 14 April 2014
    Mini likes this.
  12. ladybird23

ladybird23 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine what slices of cucumber look & taste like after three days! Surely they would just turn into soggy goo?

Mini likes this.
  13. coughdrops

Have my jug made up since last night, smells nice. I'll report back after I've had my first hit of coffee for the day.

14. coughdrops

Update! It's nice, refreshing and not too strong a flavour.

Don't know if it'll make a difference on scales, but will try it a few days instead of the squash. Will have to syphon it into my water bottle!

15. coughdrops

Just over the last 2 weeks I've got into a habit of drinking a LOT of squash, so wanted to knock it on the head now.

On to my 2nd jug of water today, really enjoying it.

16. Browsie

Browsie Well-Known Member

Would there not be syns in it if you are adding orange and lemon juice to the water?

17. coughdrops

I've not juiced the fruit, it's just floating in the water. It's sliced up.

18. deleted

19. pippalata

pippalata Well-Known Member

20. deleted