SW dinner for one

eieioo

I always seem to struggle with dinner ideas for myself, that isnt pasta, baked potato or an omlette and is low syn. Also things that are ready quickly as I am permanently in a rush

would appreciate some ideas to keep me going, I am on extra easy

Last edited:
I always seem to struggle with dinner ideas for myself, that isnt pasta, baked potato or an omlette and is low syn. Also things that are ready quickly as I am permanently in a rush

would appreciate some ideas to keep me going, I am on extra easy

have you tried homemade egg fried rice soo simple and very filling most can be prepared before hand and then just chucked together heres a recipe to try and you can alter it to make it lower in syns or add more to it or take away

Egg fried rice

By: Ken Hom

13999.jpg

Prep time: 20 minCook time: 20 minServes:4
easy-icon.gif

Method

1. Cook the peas in a pan of boiling water for about 5 minutes if they are fresh; if they are frozen, simply thaw them and drain

2. Mix the eggs and sesame oil in a small bowl and set aside.

3. Heat a wok until it is very hot. Add the oil and when it is almost at smoking point, add the cooked rice and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.

4. Add the ham, peas, salt and pepper and fry for 5 minutes over a high heat.

5. Add the egg and stir-fry for another minute.

6. Tip in the spring onions and bean sprouts and cook for 2 minutes, or until the eggs have set. Turn the rice on to a plate and garnish with spring onions.

7. Serve hot, or at room temperature as a cold rice salad.

Ingredients

• 100g fresh peas, or frozen
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp groundnut oil
  • 300g long grain rice, cooked and drained
  • 50 g cooked ham, finely diced
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 3 tbsp spring onions, white part only, finely chopped
  • 100g bean sprouts

Back