SW dinner for one

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by eieioo, 15 March 2011 Social URL.

1. eieioo

eieioo Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always seem to struggle with dinner ideas for myself, that isnt pasta, baked potato or an omlette and is low syn. Also things that are ready quickly as I am permanently in a rush

would appreciate some ideas to keep me going, I am on extra easy

Last edited: 15 March 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bma123

bma123 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.23%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    have you tried homemade egg fried rice soo simple and very filling most can be prepared before hand and then just chucked together heres a recipe to try and you can alter it to make it lower in syns or add more to it or take away

Egg fried rice

By: Ken Hom

[​IMG]
    Prep time: 20 minCook time: 20 minServes:4 [​IMG]

Method

1. Cook the peas in a pan of boiling water for about 5 minutes if they are fresh; if they are frozen, simply thaw them and drain

2. Mix the eggs and sesame oil in a small bowl and set aside.

3. Heat a wok until it is very hot. Add the oil and when it is almost at smoking point, add the cooked rice and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.

4. Add the ham, peas, salt and pepper and fry for 5 minutes over a high heat.

5. Add the egg and stir-fry for another minute.

6. Tip in the spring onions and bean sprouts and cook for 2 minutes, or until the eggs have set. Turn the rice on to a plate and garnish with spring onions.

7. Serve hot, or at room temperature as a cold rice salad.

Ingredients

• 100g fresh peas, or frozen
    • 2 eggs, beaten
    • 2 tsp sesame oil
    • 2 tbsp groundnut oil
    • 300g long grain rice, cooked and drained
    • 50 g cooked ham, finely diced
    • 2 tsp salt
    • 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
    • 3 tbsp spring onions, white part only, finely chopped
    • 100g bean sprouts

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.