SW Food Diary- I will beat the bulge!

hayallen

Hello Everyone!!

I am currently doing SW and joined a class last week (Thurs 4th Jan 2013). I have approx 2 stones to loose (which brings me to my normal weight!!). Not quite sure how I managed to put on but hey, at this stage i'm more worried about getting it off again!!

I want to start a food diary as I feel completely dissatisfied with absolutely EVERYTHING that I am eating at the moment on the SW diet (and its only been 5 and a bit days :sigh:). I think that the main reason for this is that I am too concerned with following the diet as per the recipes etc in the SW books/online and eating free foods all the time just because they are free.

I think that I need to start to eat foods that I actually like and enjoy, that satisfy me and don't make me want to reach for something bad! I literally want to eat SW friendly meals, but also eat nice food (not just dry rice and things that resemble cardboard!!)

I feel that I need to mix-up my meals nd be creative, while also establishing which meals satisfy me and that I enjoy, and those which I don't like and make me feel rotten afterwards!!

This is where my food diary comes in, I want to score my meals so that I can look back and see things that I like and make them more often, while staying away from the things that I don't enjoy (as I often forget and end up making these things again and realise at the end that it was ming!!).

Sooooo... wish me luck!! I do hope that a few of you help me along the way and let me know of any hints, tips, ways to make my meals nicer etc. I will do the same too so hopefully we will all be skinnie Minnies together!!

H

xXx

Late Breakfast/snack
Veg soup- literally just veggies and stock blended. (I made this yesterday to munch on when I felt peckish!)

Lunch
1/2 plain Bagel- 6 syns
Extra Light Philadelphia (1/2 sml individual tub)- 1/2 HEA
Smoked Salmon
Verdict: Very satisfying!! I had made the 2 halfs of the bagel but only needed the 1! I felt that I needed something tasty for lunch today and this was def it!!

Snack
Cup of the veg soup above (again!!)
Small side plate of Quorn Chilli Con Carne- (yesterdays dinner leftovers) Feeling peckish and know dinner wont be for a few hours.

Dinner
Chicken and Prawn Fried Rice- (Chicken, Tiger Prawns, Rice, Peas, Onion, Frylight, Soy Sauce)
Chip Shop Style Curry Sauce-
(see below for recipe I found)
A few SW Chips (for good measure!!)
Verdict: Not sure today what was wrong with this but it was not good. Will make again before I give a proper verdict!

Other
1/2 Skimmed milk (for tea)- 1/2 HEA

Chip Shop Curry Sauce Recipe

Ingredients
Fry Light
1 Onion (Finely Chopped)
2 Cloves of Garlic (Crushed)
1 tsp Ginger (Finely Chopped)
1 tbsp Curry Powder
1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
57ml Vegtable Stock
2 tbsp Sweetner
57g Fat Free Fromage Frais

Spray pan with fry light and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add ginger and fry for 1-2 minutes, then add curry powder and cook for further 1-2 minutes.
Add the canned tomatoes, vegtable stock and sweetner and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 12 - 15 minutes.
Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth. Return to the pan, add the fromage frais and heat through (do not boil as fromage frais will curdle).
Free on Either Day

Last edited:
Had an awful day today as felt so hungry as was weighing in at 6pm and didn't want to eat before I went, so I was SOOOO hungry when I came home and nearly ate the whole house!!

Breakfast

Banana

Lunch

Pasta 'n' sauce

Dinner

Chicken and Prawn Fried Rice
Curry Sauce (pot)- 4.5 Syns

Snacks

2x Hifi Bar- HEB
3x Small Ritz Crackers- 2 Syns
1x Spelga fat free Yogurt
Skimmed Milk- HEA
Crunchie- (completely fell off the wagon here) 9.5 Syns

Syns Total:
16 Syns

Hi hayallen and welcome to minimins. I hope you can find lots of inspiration for meal ideas on here as there are so many recipes and great ideas for making your favourite foods SW friendly. The thing I've loved most about SW is cooking and finding ways of adapting recipes. What are your favourite foods and you feel that you're missing out on the most?

Good luck and well done on your loss so far! X

Aw thanks so much for your reply. I need to get more involved in the cooking part and enjoy it more, rather than seeing it as a chore lol!!

My favourite foods are potatoes with veg and gravy, I could literally eat dinners like this 24/7. I am a very plain eater and don't really like a lot of the meals that are in the slimming world book :-S. I think I'm going to go back to 'adapting' as you say meals that I love, like my dinners but with fresh fish and no gravy etc. maybe put some quark into my mashed potatoes etc to make them tastier.

ll have to have a good think about adapting as I never thought of it like that before. I keep eating things that I would never eat, and don't particularly enjoy (and they make me feel ill at the thought of ever eating them again) which I need to stop doing or SW is never gonna work for me and I will fall off the wagon lol.

I got Rocky road hi-fi bars at class last night after reading rave reviews on them on minimins and they are delicious!! I also got the magazine and the wee cookbook that comes with it is FAB!! I like 90% of the things in it as I am such a plain eater. So I am feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on SW and have a great week and a good weightless too!!
Xx

Ready to rock today (although I am having chinese tonight!!).

Breakfast

2x nimble wholemeal bread- HEB
Spaghetti hoops

Lunch

Leek and potato soup
Frittata- made w/ egg, potatoes, onion, mushroom, baked beans (drained)
Verdict: Loved the frittata (even though i'm not keen on eggs!). Great to have in the fridge for snack attack time!

Dinner

Chinese Takeaway
Chicken with Cashew nuts and bamboo shoots w/ boiled rice - Million Syns
Had a million other wee bits and bobs inc chips, other peoples chinese etc (WOOPS!!)

Extras

Semi skimmed milk- HEA
1x Hi-Fi light- 3 SYNS

Last edited:
Breakfast

Frosted Wheat- HEB
Milk- HEA

Lunch

Homemade Veg soup
2 x Pancakes w/tsp butter-

Dinner

SW Sausage - 1/2 syn