SW Forever!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sarah-Jayne, 1 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had a thought (scary I know) but say for example you didnt have a target weight.... could you keep doing SW forever? Like, do you think that you could still lose weight (no matter what amount) doing it over years and years and years or would you eventually stop looseing weight due to your body getting used to the diet?

Im not thinking of doing this BTW!
    :wavey:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    personally i think you would stop eventually once your body had lost enough

4. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You naturally hit plateaus in weight loss, target or none. I think your body would just hit a stop - because your metabolism changes to suit.

I think SW is lifelong for maintaining though :) x

5. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    P.S Your SW C wouldn't allow you to go beyond the minimum weight for your height x

6. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find that if I stray off plan a little, not wildy but just don't follow it exactly, that I maintain. In effect, the plan is at the back of my mind stopping me from going totally overboard and just keeping me in check. When I do that, I tend to maintain anyway. So I guess, if you've been on SW long enough, it sort of becomes second nature and will stick in your mind in the long term. That way you're likely to just hold at whatever weight you're happy with. If it starts to creep up, you can just follow more strictly for a little while... that's how I see it all unfolding in the longer term anyway...

7. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Actually yes I could stay on the SW diet forver even after if/when (?) I reach my target, I am eating so much better and healthily that it just doesn't seem like dieting at all, plus if I mange to lose my moutain of blubber then I shall want to keep it off, so I won't mind eating the SW way for the rest of my days, SW is just so good.

8. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Diet:
    CWP
    Im planning on using SW forever now. I'm hoping to get target at tonights WI and stay here for a while and then in a few months change it down 7lbs.

I think I have decided what weight I want to be before my body has (if that makes sense.) Most people have a target in mind that you can keep to. If I lost another stone which I could do (as I have plenty) I know I may not be able to keep that weight steady with my life style...and lack of gym.

Does anyone know if you are at target and can't get one week, do you have to let the consultant know or can I come and go as I please now?:D Thanks

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.