SW Free smash pizza

Wow - would have never ever have thought of doing something like this - would be great to do with the kids too so I will definatly be trying this recipe out. Thank You :D

Smash Pizza

I know this has been about for ages, but I've just made it for my dinner and it was lovely so thought I'd remind people of it...

Smash Pizza
Lean ham (1B)
Sliced onion
RF cheese (1A)
Pack of original smash
Mushrooms
Splash of passata
Fresh pineapple

Base - make up the smash with as little boiling water as possible, needs to be dry so it goes crunchy. Spray a tray with frylight and pat out the smash into pizza shape (as this as you can - without it falling apart), bake in oven for 20 mins until brown. Turn over and add topping, place back in the oven for about 10 mins and then eat.

Topping - I basically cooked some onions, added mushrooms and then a bit of passata to sog it down and reduced down so it wasn't too soggy. Add it to top of base and then wack cheese and ham on and put back in oven for 10 (as above).

You can use whatever you like for a topping (as syns or B) e.g. sweetcorn, peppers, chicken, bacon etc.

You'll see I put some pineapple on mine, this technically would be syns as it's cooked - however, it was fresh pineapple, chopped up and was literally in oven for 10 minutes so texture didn't change, it was just warmer, therefore I didn't count as syns.

Enjoy x

Attachments

• 136.jpg
    136.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 761
Hi KT, I used a normal sized bag of original smash which is free if made with boiling water. I literally put in about a third of a cup full of boiling water, just try adding it a bit at a time and stir till all the powder goes and it forms a ball. Next time I make it I'll measure the water. Good luck x

I thought Smash was now syned since they changed the packaging ? Mr Mash is free
I just checked on SW and Smash Original/Buttery made up with water is free on Green and EE but 3 Syns on Original.

Louise, thanks for this. I've tried it out before and failed epically when the base caved in and it tasted like smash. So gonna try it out again on Sat :)

Hi

I made a smash pizza last night using Tesco Value instant mash - about half a pack. Kept adding dribbles of boiling water until it was just enough to bind, then patted it down as flat as possible on a baking tray.
Think I cooked it for about 20mins each side on Gas5 then topped with a sauce made from passatta, herbs, shallots, garlic salt, sweetner and balsamic vinegar until reduced and syrupy.
I then added 2 Hex's of cheese (on a green day), thinly sliced mushrooms and sweetcorn.
I popped it back in for 15 mins and it was delish - amazing how instant mash can taste like a pizza base!!!
xx

Hi - yes, real potato doesn't work as it's too wet, where as with smash you add the water in so can make it really really dry (if you know what I mean). Glad you enjoyed it Sarah, I want it again now! x

mm sounds yummy i love it how sw come up with things you wouldnt dream of putting together:p

Haha - yeah.... the is about a table spoon of baked beans in there too, I was trying not to open a new pack of passatta so tried with the beans I had, but didn't have enough bean juice, so had to open one in the end!! x

I made Smash Pizza last night for my dinner. It was absolutely goregous. I totally forgot to take a photo to put up but mmmm I'm defo making that again.

On my pizza I used Passata and some Dairylea Light Cheese Triangles, then put some red & green peppers on, some onion, garlic, some tomatoes and some quorn chicken pieces. Oooooh just thinking about it makes me want it again. Defo the best recipe ever :D

hiya

i made my first smash pizza last night and it was an absolute delight!
On my mine i put syn free bbq sauce, cheese and quorn chicken and bacon pieces!! yum yum!!
I am going to make another and allow it to cool to take to work one day in the week!!
Best discovery in a looong time!

Kate

This was great! Mad eit for the first time tonight. Think i either put too much passata or left the base a bit too thick as it did go a bit potatoey ( i know the base is potato!!!!) Will definately have this again and going to bring it to tastings this wed- everyone should know about it!

Thanks x

Back