SW Free smash pizza

Damn you minimins - I was all set to have a success express day when I read through this post and remembered how delish smash pizza really is... so ended up having a green day!!

Made the base using Tesco value instant mash mixed with Italian herbs, garlic salt, s&p. I then topped the cooked base with passatta and herbs, 1.5HEXA's of strong cheddar, chopped spring onion, red pepper and some olives (8 small olives in brine = 1 syn)
OMG it was amazing!! All served with some SF potato wedges sprinkled with chicken oxo

I've just found this thread and have never heard of this before... however, I am home alone on a green day, so i am going to give this a go...

Sorry know this question may be already asked, but i've looked through most of the thread. So what colour day is this pizza free? Sorry im new to all this and i'm so mixed up with it all x x

Hi all!

I've been a lurker on your board for a year now, but today I have finally plucked up the courage to post!

I tried this base recipe out and was a bit dubious....but I'm happy to say I'm pretty impressed!

Unfortunately I didn't get back to the oven in time and the edges were bordering on burnt (dentist number on speed dial, just in case!) but the majority of it was really, really nice.

I added a couple of twists from my roasted ground garlic grinder and then found a Jamie Oliver grinder of Schezuan pepper, ginger and chilli flakes so put a bit of that in too.

I didn't top the pizza base.....I don't eat bread, so had it as an alternative to eat with my lunchtime soup and very nice it was too!

Thanks again everyone!

Sorry know this question may be already asked, but i've looked through most of the thread. So what colour day is this pizza free? Sorry im new to all this and i'm so mixed up with it all x x

Smash is free on green and extra easy days (apart from some varieties which have syn values as detailed earlier in the thread)

Obviously though if you had meaty or fishy toppings this would only be free on an extra easy day as would need to be synned on green or used as your healthy extra.

Thank you, i'm a newbie to sw so all this EE and HE are totally losing me haha! I am gonna have give it a go this pizza it is one of my main loves pizza hut and dom's haha x x

I know what you mean - when I falter (and I do!!) it always tends to be to pizza.
This is a great fix though if you fancy a tasty alternative to pizza!

Im into Calzones at the min, so that prob even worse.. I love them.... hmmmm if anyone knows a good calzone sw pizza do let me know PLEASEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee haha x x

hi all i new to this site cus sumbody please help me i tryed to make the smash base pizza,,,,,am i to leave the smash to cool?????? i tyred flatten it out wen it was warn an it was a disaster!!!!! plz help wat am i doing wrong??????

I usually make it when it's still warm I can't wait for it to cool lol.... but it took a few gos to get the consistency completely right as I didn't want it too dry or wet

Totally nummers :)

xxx

I forgot

I really really forgot how delicious SW Pizza is, OMG I have just made one and eaten half of it for lunch. Gonna have the other half for dinner. I have one of them spice mill with chilli and garlic in and put a good lot into the base before I cooked it. Thanks to everyone who posted on the recipe thread coz it gave me the idea to cook it today.

swfreepizza.jpg

this is my effort, it looks a bit burnt because I took the photo on my phone. Overall I liked it, it filled a pizza shaped gap for me although I think perfecting the potato base is the key t getting it right, mine didn't look as golden as some posted on here.
Thumbs up though!!

I tried this tonight and it was yummy!! I made a single portion. Will definitely be making again with some tweaks xx :)

IMG_0132.jpg

Thought this sounded fab so gave it a go tonight for me and other half - yummo!

Attachments

• image-51597449.jpg
    image-51597449.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 397
  • image-710731016.jpg
    image-710731016.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 468
  • image-2085813356.jpg
    image-2085813356.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 851
  • image-1387096553.jpg
    image-1387096553.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 566
Can't believe I'd forgotten about this!
It's delicious, I need to buy some mozerella cheese and become addicted once more! x

Definitely going to try this tomorrow - can't wait. Just thought I'd suggest (it's probably been said before but) that the smash base can also be used as a quiche or pie crust, or to coat chicken or anything. I normally use the cheese and onion smash for a quiche crust and syn it and I actually prefer it to pastry now. It really does open a lot of doors! :)

Emily

hi i made one this evening and it was lovely, DP haqd a peice and said Mm this is nice... THEN i told him what it was and his face changed to a grimace LOL MEN... will defo be making again next time i'm trying a tuna topping

Back