SW Free smash pizza

Kazzabon said:
Hi SWrs
Am trying the SW pizza for the first time and although I sprayed the tray and foil it stuck when I tried to turn it over. I am trying one on a normal baking sheet and one on a pizza tin with foil. I have my oven on 200 fan-assisted. I'm using a French brand of potato mix (95% dried potato).

Any ideas of where I went wrong? I painted on a little beaten egg just before turning to seal it.

Still, expect it will taste ok

Hi

I use greaseproof paper instead of foil (when i first tried making this pizza i had no foil in the house) it doesn't stick, and i spray lots of frylite before on the paper, add the smash, flatten it out and then put it in the oven.

Thanks Mala - I will give greaseproof a go next time.
The end result wasn't bad at all really. One of the attempts came out really thin and crispy so I made it into 'crisps' and had a FF dip with them as an apero before the pizza (caramelised peppers & onions with anchovies (0.5 Syn) and 28gms cheddar (HEXA) ...... you sure this is a diet??!! :eatdrink023:

I'm new here... my friend pointed me in the direction of this forum.
Have to just add, that I cooked the SMASH (Mr Mash - 3 sachets £1 ASDA!) Pizza, with ham, peppers, mushrooms & low fat mature cheddar.... YUM!!! It was so lush! I'm going to make it this week so everyone at my group can taste it!

Do you have to use Smash, or can you use Mr. Mash or your own mashed potatoe?

I used Mr Mash as it was cheaper than the SMASH, you can use either.
You could use normal mashed potato, but then you have to be careful not to make it too runny mixture.

msrsimpkin said:
Oh, what a clever little cupcake! I'll have to remembe this. Great idea!

It was lovely!!!I think it's cuz I've fit a big appetite I was just pleased cuz I thought I was getting double!!

Langara said:
I'm assuming pita pizza is using pita bread as a HE B instead of smash as your base?

I have posted a pizza recipe which uses a chick pea base- really tasty!

I cannot wait to try making this smash pizza! Such a good idea, think i'll put red & green peppers, mushrooms, red onion & sweetcorn on mine, with some chicken. I'm planning on making the tomato sauce with some cooked down tinned chopped tomatoes, garlic little bit of vege stock powder and some herbs. Not sure how far my 28g cheddar will go to top it though, but I cant wait!!! Best bit is OH has gone out- so if its yummy i'll have it all to myself!!!

Just out of interest- should the smash be synned- like cous cous in the cake recipe, as you're not using it in its normal way then it has a syn value? Really dont want to jeopardise my weight loss & these pizzas are sooo yummy!!! :)

Giving this a go tonight - been really craving pizza all weekend!

Will let you know how it goes!

Back