SW Free smash pizza

and you!
DH wanted salmon, new potatoes and peas though, so pizza tomorrow instead.

Have just made this and it was delicious! Has anyone tried it cold the day after? I made three small ones and was hoping to take one to work tomorrow.

Hi -

Sorry for sounding a bit dim but how do you make this?

Do you have to do anything special to the smash or is it just roll it out and go for it?

Thanks

xx

i have found a pack of mr mash at the back of my cupboard and just been on the sw web site and it is syn free also. this pack cost me 28p at homebargains a while ago (i have checked the date and its ok;)) so will try it tomoz!!

great news about tom puree when i make sw chilli thats the only syn i count so now my chilli will be totally free! wahoo

cathie x

Thanks for the pic. It has convinced me to give it a go this weekend.

you can apparently use passata, but I'm going for tomato puree (0.5 /level tablespoon).

It was a mostly success. The base needed to be a bit thinner, I did dh's in my round tray, which meant although it was a good shape, it was a little thick. Did mine on a flat one, and it looked weird with no definite shape, but was thinner.

Next time I'm going to get a second round tray, thin it out by going up the sides of the pan too (to make an almost pie base), and skipping the tom puree, which was ok, but a bit sharp. I'll be filling it with peeled plum tomatoes (reduced in the saucepan) with onion, mushroom and a hexb or two of bacon, and cheese on top.

All in all, a good meal, would recommend, nice and filling.

I made the pizza today, red onion and mushroom

Attachments

• P110311_17.16.jpg
    P110311_17.16.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 261
I made a smallish ham and pineapple pizza. Wasn't sure if I'd like it. I do, I've eaten 3 quarters of it. Will make a bigger one next time. I asked my group leader about tomato puree, it's 0.5 for a level tbsp. Might use passata, I'm a bit worried about it being too runny though.

I made a smallish ham and pineapple pizza. Wasn't sure if I'd like it. I do, I've eaten 3 quarters of it. Will make a bigger one next time. I asked my group leader about tomato puree, it's 0.5 for a level tbsp. Might use passata, I'm a bit worried about it being too runny though.

Hi there :wavey:

I use passata when I do mine and it is just fine, not too runny at all :)

Claire xx

mmm im making this at the moment :) first time i made it i used smash and it was still potatoey in the middle, but this time ive used the cheapest potato mix i could find it tescos, it was like 39p or something, and made it thinner and its come out lovely! will post a pic when i finalllly get my pictures up :D xxx

Back