SW Free smash pizza

Hiya.... my neice made this for our post weigh in tea tonight... it was FAB! used reduced fat cheddar as a hex a and added loads of veg and sinned a few olives for authentic pizza taste... will definately be eating this a lot more... trick is in getting the base nice and dry in the oven....

May have to try this for tea tonight!!!

I have made it today!! Really enjoyed it!! When it was in the 'dough' stage I added rosemary and S&P. I flattened it to approx 1/2 inch thick (it was about 6 X 6 "), then cut around the edges to make it a bit neater! I baked it for a few mins to dry it out a bit before adding my topping! I had a thin layer of tomato puree, red onion, red pepper, mushroom and then topped with 28g grated cheddar. I ate half and am saving the other half to take into work with me tonight! It was delicious!x

These sound like they are really high in calories. I know we aren't supposed to think in calories any more but I can't just ignore them all together.

These sound like they are really high in calories. I know we aren't supposed to think in calories any more but I can't just ignore them all together.
Not really!! It's only a bit of mashed potato and some veg!! And if you use cheese it's a HEXa or part of a HEXa! Used as part of a meal with other veg/salad it's quite a balanced meal!X

I made this yesterday and it was delicious. I made the base really really thin it was probably only 3mm and i cooked it both sides then when it was cooked i put a little passatta on it and sliced some red onion up really thin and put some laughing cows on and cooked it for a little while longer until the onion was cooked. My Fiance and 15 year old son loved it so much it reminded me a lot of the red onion and goats cheese garlic bread you get in Frankie and bennys
xxx

xx

I have just made this for lunch and though I was sceptical I have to admit with a nice salad it was the bees knees. My husband loved it. Well done and thanks to who ever thought this one up.

I must try this on my green day, which instant mash can you use as free?

Can i use smash?

Last edited:
I made this again for last nights dinner it was lovely although I put to much passatta on mine and the middle ended up all soggy that bit wasnt nice lol . I think next time I will syn it and use tom puree

xx

Sounds lovely, another recipe for my list :) Thanks.

I always make mine so its really stiff and then it doesn't go soggy in the middle as I always use passata. I also put spices in the base to. I do prefer it to real pizza as it always tastes fresher. mmmm

Hmmm . . . I tried to make this the other day and to be honest. . .I didnt really like it . . but then again I think I made it wrong :S It was really squishy in the middle but i prefered that to the harder bits! Oh well . . not really a fan of Smash anyway lol

I made it today, and made 'caramelised' red onion using sweetener and balsamic vinegar as a base instead of passata or puree. Bacon, mushrooms and laughing cow triangles from hex a and I was running away from OH and DD to make sure they didn't eat it! Lovely xx

I made it today, and made 'caramelised' red onion using sweetener and balsamic vinegar as a base instead of passata or puree. Bacon, mushrooms and laughing cow triangles from hex a and I was running away from OH and DD to make sure they didn't eat it! Lovely xx

Wow Furry that really does sound gorgeous!! I'm going to do this, maybe tomorrow lunchtime!!!XXXXXXXXXXXX

I love this receipe. I make my own tomato sauce for it (1/2 tin of chopped toms, driedf mixed herbs, salt, black pepper, vege oxocube, reduce down and mash, takes 5 minutes.

Back