SW Free smash pizza

I made this last week and it was amazing.

Next time I will try and make it more pizza shaped. It's really hard to get the base round I think.

:)

Attachments

• Smash Pizza.jpg
    Smash Pizza.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 1,505
i just made this for tea and its gorg! lol i have eaten half of one already oops!

ok so here is the result, I just had a cheese and tomato with herbs, it was nice but the sauce made the base go soggy which wasn't that nice

Attachments

• SDC10873.jpg
    SDC10873.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 407
I've not read this whole thread so it may have been said before but I fried my base rather than baked it (fry light a pan, really squish down thinly, cook on one side then turn over with a spatular and cook the other side then put on a baking tray to cool)
It's the first time I've made it and I have to say it was delicious and much nicer than a normal pizza I thought - even hubby loved it! I made the tomato sauce then added mushrooms, pepper, chicken and sweetcorn, drizzled on some bbq sauce (2 syns) then added the cheese (Hex A):D

Attachments

• 224766_10150234282686103_629651102_8360198_3805739_n.jpg
    224766_10150234282686103_629651102_8360198_3805739_n.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 249
Consistancy of smash pizza?

I've heard people talk about the famous smash pizza and I can't get my head around it?? Does the base just taste like mashed potato or does it have a doughy consistency??

Some people love these, to me, they just taste like thick mashed potato.
have a search through the recipe thread for smash pizza, there may be some advice in there.

If it gets crisp on both sides before you put on the toppings it can be a decent thin crust style pizza base. You can't put too much sauce or too many 'wet' toppings on though or the base gets too wet. It's not the end of the world if it does get a bit soggy though in my opinion - then it tastes like loaded skins.

I took it into class for the buffet night last week and as it had gone cold everyone said it just tasted like normal pizza

That explains it, when I tried it my base was too thick and it just tasted like mash potato.

Maybe I should give it another go and make it thinner this time!

I've just made my first one, only used half a pack of Smash, so not too big and the base was quite crispy.
Used passata with a spag bol stock cube crumbled in, topped that wth ham and sweetcorn and sliced red onion.

Oh it was lovely and chewy. It will be the ideal Sunday night tea when my lots tuck into cheese on toast!

I made my second one tonight and made the base much thinner than I originally did. I laid some cling film out on the side and put the smash "dough" on top (added herbs to it this time - lush!) I rolled it with a rolling pin for a more uniformed look and to get it really thin. I get more impressed with this.

I'm going to try it as a quiche base because it's not at all like tattie.

I made this last week and it was amazing.

Next time I will try and make it more pizza shaped. It's really hard to get the base round I think.

:)

Just made it and mine looked very similar :D

It was lovely. reckon I overcooked the base a little though but I had lean bacon, boiled egg, mushrooms and HEXA mozerella yum yum yum

Oh FRiday night is always pizza night in our house, and was devastated i coudnt have it this friday, but woo hoo now i can.

So as long as it is really thin does the base taste less potato-y??

Also, thank goodness tom puree is free i do love putting it in the topping to make it taste more intense. Oh yyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

Is it sad that I am very excited by this discovery?
:eek:

I made this last week and it was lovely! Only thing i would say is eat it hot......didn't taste too good cold lol

Back