SW Free smash pizza

Tried with the egg and i think that it worked very well.

I always push down with my hands too, and try to get it thin. The key seems to be to make sure you cooked it for plenty of time so it gets crispy

very nice!

X

how thin are we talking?? like a cm thick or thinner? I'm sorry but I'm not a great cook unless i have specific instructions, do you have to cook the pizza again after you've put toppings on it?

how thin are we talking?? like a cm thick or thinner? I'm sorry but I'm not a great cook unless i have specific instructions, do you have to cook the pizza again after you've put toppings on it?
thinner, ie 2mm ish. you frylight the baking tray first to stop it sticking cook both sides, top it and cook again :)

thinner, ie 2mm ish. you frylight the baking tray first to stop it sticking cook both sides, top it and cook again :)

Yip, this is how I do it also-make sure it is golden brown on both sides! x

SW pizza making is a real skill! I'm no good at it at all, but when i was at group someone brought one in and it was gorgeous and completely perfect. I make a mini 'pizza' using thin slices of tofu. It's not the same at all, but you can marinade it to give it a more italian flavour. I don't bother!

I love smash pizza! Make it every chance I get on green days (when I'm not making my other green day faves - egg n chips or mushy peas :p)

I also make mini smash pizzas for taster nights and they always go down a treat :) x

Hi All

I LOVE smash pizza, but just thought i would let you all know about something else I do with the smash.

I fill a wee quiche base with the smash ( a very thin layer) bake it, then add in the SW quiche filling. So it is like a pastry base. It is quite nice, and makes it more quiche like for me.

Anyway just an idea, hope it helps someone!!
XXX

Hi All

I LOVE smash pizza, but just thought i would let you all know about something else I do with the smash.

I fill a wee quiche base with the smash ( a very thin layer) bake it, then add in the SW quiche filling. So it is like a pastry base. It is quite nice, and makes it more quiche like for me.

Anyway just an idea, hope it helps someone!!
XXX

Great idea making one later will try it how much smash do you use for the base? x

I tried using the smash base for quiche, tasted a little like undercooked pastry ! But did enjoy it and made quiche a little more substantial - will make it again

I wonder if brushing the smash base with beaten egg before baking would make it more pastry like.

Or a base, precooked, made of par boiled potato slices.......

Hmmmm I might get baking tomorrow night to see.....

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I generally make sure it is nice and thin and give it a good bake so it is crispy!

xx

It was fairly thin and really well done around the edges, I think it is a case of trial and error and will probably make them a lot smaller in future !

Just wondering with the Smash base, can you pick it up like normal pizza? I just made the base with mash and had to eat with a fork.Not really the same!

Just wondering with the Smash base, can you pick it up like normal pizza? I just made the base with mash and had to eat with a fork.Not really the same!

Yes you can :D you need to precook the base and would with normal mash too. Mash needs to be thick so that you can make it really thin, cook both sides then top it and cook again :)

Here's my first attempt at smash pizza topped with ham, mushrooms and mozzarella. Yum.

Attachments

• image-4045432402.jpg
    image-4045432402.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 244
  • image-701214643.jpg
    image-701214643.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 356
Ok I have read all 10 pages and every post with the recipes. Can I ask for oven temperatures which is only in one post as how somebody made it once.

I have a fan oven new to me and newish to S/W so need advice on not cremating it please.

** My tip Dont start an eating plan with new ways to cook at the same time as a new oven with different cooking process...its murder literally.:sigh:

I made the pizza tonight with mushroom, pepper, red onion, bacon & ham as the topping and it was delicious! Slightly unusual taste with the potato but such yummy comfort food!

It was very filling and I couldn't finish all the base but ate the topping.

What a fab recipe :)

Ok I have read all 10 pages and every post with the recipes. Can I ask for oven temperatures which is only in one post as how somebody made it once.

I have a fan oven new to me and newish to S/W so need advice on not cremating it please.

** My tip Dont start an eating plan with new ways to cook at the same time as a new oven with different cooking process...its murder literally.:sigh:

I cook mine at around 200 degrees! But I keep an eye on it until it is brown and starting to crisp! Usual about 10 mins on each side!! Then once toppings are on just put it in again until it looks done-doesnt take long!!!!

Hope this helps x

Back