SW Free smash pizza

Yes Jo, defo the thinner the better. I also used a spray of olive oil (can't give it up) and that seemed to help with the crispness.

It was lovely and, as someone wheat free, means more to me than most!

im new to this im pleased ive come across it my husband wants me to make the pizza but i cant stand smach does it taste any nicer crispy lol

im new to this im pleased ive come across it my husband wants me to make the pizza but i cant stand smach does it taste any nicer crispy lol

I find that as long as it is thin and crispy it doesnt taste like smash at all!!!!!

X

I need to get me some smash!!!....I haven't looked all through this thread as there is quite a lot of replies to it....just a quick question (that has probably already been answered somewhere in this thread) is tomato puree syn free?...they are oily ain't they?

I want to give this a go...syn free pizza, could life get any better?

xKx

Last edited:
OK - am just making this pizza now.

You know that non stick stuff you can get - it's like fabric. Got mine from the pound shop and cut it to fit a holy pizza tray.

This worked well as I was able to use the edges to lift the base out to turn over.

I am just making a tomato and cheese one as I don't have lots of ingredients in the house.

I used some italian seasoning in the base.

It is looking very good!:)

PS I have a halogen oven so this fits in perfectly.

RESULT: Fanbloomflabuloustastic. Even my son a pizza conisseur (sp) thought it was great. :)

I will definitely make this again adding more ingredients next time.

Last edited:
Yummy, even OH said it was nice... a little potato-ey in places but didn't make it unpleasant...will be making this again.

I mixed the smash with corriander leaves and I made the tomato sauce by blending a tin of plum tomatoes and chucking in some herbs...my toppings were onion, sweetcorn and a little cheese, got shopping coming tomorrow so next time I will have better toppings :)

Thanks for the recipe

xKx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I really must try this - any ideas if the cheaper brands of instant mash are any good?

I really must try this - any ideas if the cheaper brands of instant mash are any good?

I use the cheap cheap asda one, and it is fine!!! xx

the smartprice one?? How many packs do I need for a decent base?

Yes the smartprice one

1 PAck would do you a big pizza around say 10-12" no probs-it should be quite thin

well thats my tea sorted for tomorrow night then - now for the toppings - what can I have to stick to a complete green day....
onion, mushroom, sweetcorn, peppers - what else can I have??

How I make the sauce is to put a tin of chopped toms in saucepan, add herbs, garlic etc and reduce down to a thick sauce whilst base is cooking. Mmmmm

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

here is my smash pizza with pics of others I have made!.........

Pete’s Pizza made from Instant Mash (3)

Serves 4

Ingredients

Use 125g from a pack of Sainsbury Instant Mash (250g)
One Tsp of mixed herbs.

Method

Mix together then add hot water until the mix is like bread doe.
Add 1 egg and mix.
Spray a Flat Pan with 3-4 Fry Light shots, wipe across pan.
Press the mix into the pan and cover in clingfilm, rolling out with a rolling pin as thin as possible, remove clingfilm.
Cook one side until light brown then slide onto a flat plate with care, add 2-3 Fry Lights then return the pizza base and cook other side 3-6 mins depends on thickness.
Allow to cool on a cake rack.

Put Passata in a pan enough to cover Pizza base, add 1 TSP Tomato Puree and a few drops of “Worcester Sauce”,add chopped basil leaves, heat till thickened but DO NOT BOIL.
Coat the Pizza base with the Passata, cook your onion in balsamic vinegar until soft, add to base.
Add your choice of “Toppings”

This was my choice of Toppings : 5balls/40g Mozzarella, 1 slices of Lean Ham, 2 Mushrooms, sprinkled with 28g of Mild Hard Cheddar and place on Pre Heated Pizza Stone at 180/190 and cook until the cheese is bubbling.

Eat with Salad.

Sainsburys Ham Sainsburys
7 wafer thin breaded Ham slices Cows Milk Mozzarella

Per 1 slice Per 5 balls/ 40g

Cal=18 Kcal=81.6
Fat=0.2g Fat=6.16g
Total Sugar=0.3g Sugar=0.5g
Salt=0.4g Salt=0.43g
Sat Fat=trace Sat Fat=4.0g

Sainsburys Sainsburys Mash
Mild Hard Cheese

Per 28g Per 100g