SW Free smash pizza

ellierose988 said:
Hi, sorry to be a pain but I just wanted to clear this up as this thread seems mixed on whether or not tomato puree and instant mash are free...

Are they both free, or not? Want to make sure I do it right!

Instant mash is free but bone of contention as to whether cooking it this way is food abuse or something!!?!?

Tomato purée used to be sunned but is now free after new updates.

I used to use tomato purée on my smash pizza and still had good losses.

X

Thanks for the reply! I can see how it could be "food abuse" if you were having it three times a day, I suppose... but surely as a once-every-now-and-again thing it's fine!!

I made it and it was pretty good, but my base took a LOT longer than 7-10 mins each side, more like 30-40 mins on the first side before it became crispy and not just mashed potato anymore. once it was flipped it was around ten minutes for the other side.

Here's a picture of mine. I put green peppers, quorn chicken style pieces, onion and chillies on top.

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 246
Smash does now appear to have syns in regardless of the food abuse issue.

Personally I have been eating Smash pizzas for a couple of months & I'm more than happy with my weight losses. I have now switched to making my bases with Mr Mash though as that is still syn free.
On syns online Smash original and buttery are still free as usual ;) Checked just now.

Extra EasyOriginalGreen
Smash, Buttery,
javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDExtraEasy','')Free3javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDOriginal','')Freejavascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDGreen','')
Smash, Cheddar & Onion,
javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDExtraEasy','')½3javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDOriginal','')½javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDGreen','')Smash, Original, made up with water, javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl04$LBADDExtraEasy','')Free2½javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl04$LBADDOriginal','')Freejavascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl04$LBADDGreen','')
Smash, Original, New Recipe with Full Cream Milk, made up with water, 100g made up
javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl05$LBADDExtraEasy','')½3javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl05$LBADDOriginal','')½javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl05$LBADDGreen','')

ah well, hopefully mine was fine, I had it saturday night and still had a loss the next day on my weigh in day so I'm not too bothered.

I used Tesco brand Instant Mash as someone said it was best to use the cheaper stuff. and water.

What size sachets of smash do you all use for the pizza?! I bought one of each to be on the safe side LOL :D lots of things I want to try with it though so will all be used!

Hmm not really sure about these yet, but going to give it a go with some syn free lean ham, peppers, mushrooms, and olives with plenty of herbs and flaked chilli on, hmmmmmm !

I have just tried a smash pizza for the first time, it was lovely. I made it with tomato puree, chicken, red pepper, green pesto (syn'd), mozarella (hea) and rocket. it was gorgeous, i especially liked the crispy edges! And no heartburn afterwards like i get with normal pizza haha :)

Sophs said:
Hmmm it was ok, but still potatoee in the middle. It was thin enough. but don't think I let it harden up enough in the centre.

Just making hubs one now, and this one looks nicer :D

I always find that if you add the boiling water bit by bit until it goes doey, roll it out thin and blind bake it, 15 min should be fine, then turn it over for another 10 min or so, then it turns out lovely.

Can anyone tell me the syn value for EE and red days pls. I really like the cheddar and onion one. Thanks.

I think i'm going to give this a go next week. I get in a rut with my meals and seem to have the same meals week after week.

Hi Teenie, i'm not sure there is an actual set recipe but this is what i did and it turned out well.
preheat oven to 180
i made up 60g of normal smash with 200ish mls of boiling water(just added it gradually to make a sticky consistancy)
sprayed a baking tray with fry light.
shaped the mash and roll out to about the thickness of a pound coin then bake for 10-15 mins, turn over then about another 5 till golden. I let mine cool for a bit then added my toppings and baked again till the cheese had melted. i made the base before going on a night out then just put my toppings on and cooked it when i got home.

I was wondering does it matter how much smash you use. I just made it with 50g and wasnt very big. cudnt use half the toppings i had prepped!! that said it was YUMMY!!! have the fanta sweet and sour cooking now!

Back