SW Free smash pizza

bilsat said:
Other pics of different pizza's.......................

Wow they look amazing!!!!!

As a really stupid question is the base meant to go firm like a real pizza, so you can hold a slice....or just like firmed potato?? I just made one with potatoes, yeast, wholemeal flour etc (not syn free I know but I didn't have any smash so I improvised *lol*)
Mine didn't go slice holding hard :sigh:
x

Rach*B said:
As a really stupid question is the base meant to go firm like a real pizza, so you can hold a slice....or just like firmed potato?? I just made one with potatoes, yeast, wholemeal flour etc (not syn free I know but I didn't have any smash so I improvised *lol*)
Mine didn't go slice holding hard :sigh:
x

Yes it sound, crikey lol would it have been less syns to use a 'proper' base lol

Yes it sound, crikey lol would it have been less syns to use a 'proper' base lol

Ah darn it. It was 5.5 syns for the whole thing, which between 2 of us with salad didn't seem too bad syn-wise. Mental note: buy Smash :8855:
x

Rach*B said:
Ah darn it. It was 5.5 syns for the whole thing, which between 2 of us with salad didn't seem too bad syn-wise. Mental note: buy Smash :8855:
x

Ahhh that's not as bad as I thought it would be :)))

I always use the cheap supermarket instant mash(it's also cheaper) , at one time Smash had to be syned.
The base doesn't go as firm as a "proper" pizza so be careful if you try to pick it up when hot!

I always use the cheap supermarket instant mash(it's also cheaper) , at one time Smash had to be syned.
The base doesn't go as firm as a "proper" pizza so be careful if you try to pick it up when hot!

Mine was deffo a knife and fork job *lol* but it didn't taste too bad - I shall get there one day by experimentation....pizza is my great downfall so a less synful version is worth the effort :D

Cheers for the info!
x

I made this the other day and I'm not sure where I went wrong.... I made sure it was quite thin, but it also took 20mins each side to cook! it took over an hour from start to finish and in the end it was very stodgy and not very nice!!! any ideas where I may have gone wrong?

SMASH PIZZA

HIYA

NOT SURE IF ANYONE ELSE HAS TRIED THIS BUT I USED THE FREE ON GREEN CHEESE SCONE RECIPE TO MAKE THE BASE BUT LEFT OUT THE CHEESE. I USED 2 EGGS 1 TUB FAT FREE COTTAGE CHEESE AND BLENDED THEM AND THEN STIRRED IN 1 PACKET INSTANT MASH AND MIXED TOGETHER TO MAKE DOUGH. I THEN USE A SMALL AMOUNT OF FLOUR TO MAKE DOUGH PLIABLE ENOUGH TO ROLL INTO A BASE . SPRAY A SHEET OF GREASPROOF PAPER WITH FRY LIGHT PLACE THE BASE ON SHEET AND THEN FRY LIGHT AGAIN AND COOK IN OVEN AT 200 UNTIL BROWN . I THEN ADD MY TOMATO SAUCE AND HEALTHY EXTRA CHEESE AND ANYTHING ELSE I FANCY POP IN THE OVEN AGAIN UNTIL CHEESE IS BROWN. i SERVED THIS TO MY FAMILY WHO THOUGHT THEY WERE EATING REAL PIZZA. FAB SYN FREE PIZZA!

I tried it with a small tub of cottage cheese and garlic granules mixed into the made up smash.
Wasa bit gooey in the middle but very tasty. Will def try it with a beaten egg next time.

This isn't free.

You aren't using the SMASH in the form it is supposed to be used in. You are "tweaking" it. It could cost you 30/40 syns for a packet of SMASH as a pizza.

There are some better light choices ones you can get in the supermarket.

This isn't free.

You aren't using the SMASH in the form it is supposed to be used in. You are "tweaking" it. It could cost you 30/40 syns for a packet of SMASH as a pizza.

There are some better light choices ones you can get in the supermarket.

To whom are you referring?
My recipie used the smash after I made it up with water as per the packet instructions.

BTW- It was a friend who told me, whos consultant told her. She might be wrong, but I think people need to check with their consultants and go with what the majority say??

But it is like pasta and potato crisps- they are "tweaks" and synned too? So i dont see how this can be free when it is a tweak also.

AND I put on a pound the week I decided to have one- I had already had about 50 syns so would explain why!

bethibobshobnobs said:
BTW- It was a friend who told me, whos consultant told her. She might be wrong, but I think people need to check with their consultants and go with what the majority say??

But it is like pasta and potato crisps- they are "tweaks" and synned too? So i dont see how this can be free when it is a tweak also.

AND I put on a pound the week I decided to have one- I had already had about 50 syns so would explain why!

With all due respect maybe you should make sure your facts are correct first, this recipe has been used for ages and yes it's already made up... I posted it to my cons as she wanted the recipe. I know people who had taken this into group tasting. It is used dry as a flour substute? No it's not :)

Back