SW Free smash pizza

Have just made this for tea and going to have it with potato wedges and lots of salad. Think it will be a case of trial and error with the thickness as I made this one very thin and it seems almost too thin - very crunchy. Think it will be tasty though! Next time will do it slightly thicker.
Hope you all enjoy your pizzas - we deserve it, after all!! ; ) xx

I tried this for the first time last week and it was really nice.

Lots of confusion here then!! I thought the smash pizza base is free on extra easy. I made one yesterday with cajun chicken and sweetcorn and it was delicious. My other half was eating Chigago Town pizzas at the same time :-(
Hope I haven't gone syn crazy?!?!?

x Cat x said:
Lots of confusion here then!! I thought the smash pizza base is free on extra easy. I made one yesterday with cajun chicken and sweetcorn and it was delicious. My other half was eating Chigago Town pizzas at the same time :-(
Hope I haven't gone syn crazy?!?!?

It's free :)

There's a lot of debate about it, I personally think it's fine as you aren't using the smash as a flour substitute. When you think about it you're basically just having mashed potato with veggies. There are loads of people on here that I know have had it regularly and have lost weight no problem, myself included. So I personally think it's fine.

Whoever made up this recipe needs thanking! Made it for dinner tonight & hubby & I loved it. It made a large tray & I browned both sides, pre cooked some onions, peppers & mushrooms, spread passata, olives & jalapenos over the base added the veggies & then topped it with my allowance of Hex cheese.....on hubby's side I added some pepperoni. I could only eat half of mine as very filling. Also, forgot to say I added some garlic & thyme into the base......will be having that again.

I'm making smash pizza tonight. I usually use asdas own smash. My topping are going to be chicken tikka mozzarella and onions! Yum!

Just about to try this, excited is an understatement. Here is the base, waiting for it to cool to add toppings and grill

Attachments

• image-3802117633.jpg
    image-3802117633.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 272
Here is the end result, one thing i would mention is the tomato purée was really strong and would maybe be improved using passata instead.

Attachments

• image-386561381.jpg
    image-386561381.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 286
moti17 said:
Here is the end result, one thing i would mention is the tomato purée was really strong and would maybe be improved using passata instead.

Depends on your taste... I have never found issue with it :)

I think it's because the puree is double concentrate usually. I know what u mean. I usually pile so much that I cant tell anyway :p

samjay123 said:
I think it's because the puree is double concentrate usually. I know what u mean. I usually pile so much that I cant tell anyway :p

I'm quite a tomato freak though I think, tomato based curries or anything rather than creamy stuff

Wonder if you can tell me where I'm going wrong. I make the smash into a dough. Roll it out thinly. Cook one side, turn over put passata mixed herbs chilli topping and cheese. But the base always seems a bit potatoey. Am I doing something wrong or is it meant to be like that?

fieryfrog said:
Wonder if you can tell me where I'm going wrong. I make the smash into a dough. Roll it out thinly. Cook one side, turn over put passata mixed herbs chilli topping and cheese. But the base always seems a bit potatoey. Am I doing something wrong or is it meant to be like that?

Are you cooking both sides before spreading your bits and pieces on then baking/grilling?

Not always I've tried both to see if either works. I think I'm just expecting it to taste exactly the same and must accept its going to be slightly different.

Back