SW Free smash pizza

fieryfrog said:
Not always I've tried both to see if either works. I think I'm just expecting it to taste exactly the same and must accept its going to be slightly different.

Yeah it prob is that ... It does taste a bit potatoey but of course we all get excited on here because it's 'pizza' it's better than salad and more salad lol. Think sometimes a lot of ppl can be disappointed as they expect too much... Lot of ppl say diet coke chicken is overrated but for what it is I think it's great :) x

Am I right in thinking guys, that I just make up some instant smash potato, roll it out, cook both sides and then whack the toppings on?!

That easy? :D I'm VERY excited!! x

RubyRed80 said:
Am I right in thinking guys, that I just make up some instant smash potato, roll it out, cook both sides and then whack the toppings on?!

That easy? :D I'm VERY excited!! x

Yip.... Make sure it's thin :)

RubyRed80 said:
Awesome!! It sounds and looks delicious :D x

Yep it's great here are a couple of mine :)

image-1308310421.jpg

image-1695037433.jpg

Having this for tea, hoping it will go better than last time, any tips? Last time I think I didn't leave it in the oven long enough as I was famished. Do people put it in on quite a high temperature? does doing it in a pan work better? Can't wait but I don't want to be disappointed again :cry:

I made it, it was very nice :D

IMG_0316.JPG

Oh wow! Looks gorgeous.Mine came out ok.... but I think I needed to roll the Smash out further as it was very potato-ey in the middle!

I made this for the first time yesterday and was surprised how long it took to cook on both sides -I think next time I will use a little less water in the mix as it was quite wet but omg it tasted really good. This, cheese scones and pakoras have been my successes this weekend. :D

I made this for the first time yesterday and was surprised how long it took to cook on both sides -I think next time I will use a little less water in the mix as it was quite wet but omg it tasted really good. This, cheese scones and pakoras have been my successes this weekend. :D

I found that too!I made the mistake of putting the Smash initially on some tin foil to cook one side, but then I couldn't flip it over to cook the other side cos it got stuck!! LOL! Ended up prying it off with a fork haha! x

Flipsangel said:
Maybe add some herbs to the potato mix for a bit of extra flavour. I thought the pizza was a lovely alternative.

I agree I always season it well! Herbs, garlic powder and chilli flakes :)

It's got to be really thin! If your tray isn't big enough make two or use half the packet :)

Just tried it today for dinner, was awesome! Although we put too much passata on it, only managed half, but was sharing with my friend anyways.

At the risk of sounding incredibly stupid.... What the heck is the passata you guys are talking about putting on it? I've never heard of it :( Is it really as simple as adding water to smash, cooking both side, topping your chosen side with passata veg and cheese?

Don't worry, I had no idea what it was either! I had to ask a friend of mine lol. Apparently it's similiar to tomato puree I think, which is what I put on mine and it's lovely.

Yep, it's pretty much that simple. My advice would be though to roll it out as thin as you can before you cook it in the oven. x

At the risk of sounding incredibly stupid.... What the heck is the passata you guys are talking about putting on it? I've never heard of it :( Is it really as simple as adding water to smash, cooking both side, topping your chosen side with passata veg and cheese?

its not like tomato puree as its not concentrated and full of other bits and bobs. Its sieved tomatoes, you can buy it in cartons, jars etc..you would always use tomato puree (I do) for tinned tomotoes sieved or not. I use puree as I like it tomatoey but not t go soggy.

good luck

Back