1 Red onion, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1tbsp dried chives
1tbsp basil
Shake of garlic salt
Shake of black pepper

Toppings

45g Mozzarella cheese (1Hea) or 7syns for 50g
45g Reduced fat Cheddar (1Hea) or 7syns for 50g
6 slices Chorizo sausage (0.5syn each slice)
6 tbsp. passata (s) (sff)
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. tomato puree
Pineapple slices (s) (sff) (0.5syn)

Method

Cook the onion until soft & set aside.
Make up the instant mash as per the packet instructions, add the onion & seasoning, mix well, leave for a few minutes, and adjust the mix until it is “dough” like. On a clean, flat surface place the mix, cover in Clingfilm & rollout until about 5-8mm thick, remove the Clingfilm and using a bowl the same size as your small frying pan cut around, continue until you have used up the mix, reworking any left over.
In a small frying pan, cook each one until lightly browned and free in the frying pan to move, turnover and repeat, remove and leave on a cake rack to cool.
Mix the Passata, Worcester sauce, balsamic vinegar & tomato puree together, then coat each base, add the cheddar, shared between all of them, add your topping, then finish with Mozzarella. Preheat the oven to 200C and cook for 20-30 mins until the cheese has melted but not burnt!

View attachment 51530View attachment 51531View attachment 51532View attachment 51533View attachment 51534

wow they look really nice, thanks for that:D

They look amazing Pete :) ...

My version is for those that pre cook their base. So if you arre having it for dinner then you make and cook the base at lunch.
I also find that i don't get a soggy/potatoey base pre cooking it .

I also make my sauce like this : In a small pan bung a little water to cover the base . Chuck in some dried Oregano , a little smidge of salt . Let it bubble . Turn off add a smidge of sweetner.

It taste just like pizza sauce . Once cooled i put on my cooled base.

Add my chicken, sweetcorn, cheeses and heat until cheese melts.Take it out. Then i get half a teaspoon of bbq sauce and dip a pastry brush in it and paint your pizza with it. That way you don't use too much syn sauce . Not even a teaspoon !!

Last edited:
I use a packet or 2 . I am doing the green plan so it's free . Not sure what the syns are on other plans.
Just remember to use half the ammount of water it suggests. :) ...

I also pre-cook the bases, in a 1 egg pan for the small ones & on a pancake pan for the larger ones then on a pizza stone for the final cook with the topping on !

smash pizza is in the oven :) I added some finely dice shallots and oregano to the base ..... cant wait till its ready :)

we just made this
my base was nice and crispy but soft in the middles but not mash-y
was perfect
i put cheese ham mush spring onion and tomato puree on even hubby loved em

well, i made this the other day and it was lovely. So i told my group I had made it, and as I said I made the base from SMASH there was an audible gasp from the group members. I felt like a naughty schoolgirl! My consultant says this isn't free? This sparked a huge debate among everyone and I said the recipe was on the members section of the website! So my consultant contacted SW and apparently they said it isn't free and you have to syn the smash?
It was hilarious though, the room was divided and people were ettin really quite heated about whether smash pizza should be allowed. There were 2 newbies there and they just looked in shock at the whole thing... still, i'd make it again as it was really nice. But i think i will syn the smash.

It is definitely listed as being free!

My consultant said if you use things in an inappropriate way you need to syn it, but for this pizza as you do not use much you wouldnt need to syn it!

how much would you syn the smash ? I love my smash pizza . I dont get the confusion . You are making up the smash as instructed , which is free. So if you heat it or brown it , it becomes synned hmmmmm:confused: ...

how much would you syn the smash ? I love my smash pizza . I dont get the confusion . You are making up the smash as instructed , which is free. So if you heat it or brown it , it becomes synned hmmmmm:confused: ...

I won't be synning it, as I said my consultant said it only needs to be synned if you use outrageous amounts. If you make smash pizza you prob use as much as you would eat in a meal so it is fine.

The smash pizza is on the Slimming World website, under readers recipes. I can't imagine if it was food abuse they would post it on their website. As long as you combine third superfree it is fine!

I won't be synning it, as I said my consultant said it only needs to be synned if you use outrageous amounts. If you make smash pizza you prob use as much as you would eat in a meal so it is fine.

The ' how would you syn smash ? ' part of my post was meant for lilmisspixiesue :) ..

yeah i have no idea why it should be synned but that's the response my consultant got from SW. it should be 2.5 syns per 100g. I used about 70g when I made one so about 2 syns. Still v low syn but worth counting IMO (for me) as I am really close to taret and don't wanna muck it up!

I use 1 packet of mr mash which is about 100grams . Gutted it is 2 syns though not much i know but i like to use my syns in a certain way . I suppose 100g of mr mash is a bit greedy . I will half it next time , 1 syn i can stand to lose to yummy smash pizza :) ...

I use 1 packet of mr mash which is about 100grams . Gutted it is 2 syns though not much i know but i like to use my syns in a certain way . I suppose 100g of mr mash is a bit greedy . I will half it next time , 1 syn i can stand to lose to yummy smash pizza :) ...

If it is part of your meal, you do not need to syn it as according to SW you can eat free food until you are full and satisfied. I would agree in synning it if you were snacking on it all the time.

I make mine with real potato (cook potato in microwave, leave it to cool, then grate it and mix with salt, pepper, herbs into a dough. put between cling film and roll out). Going to have one tomorrow night so will post a piccie in my diary.

Thanks Rosielea , do you nuke the pots with skins on , then peel and grate ?

This looks amaaaazing! Defo trying this one out on Friday night :D

I just made this tonight after finding it on this thread! :) I flattened out the mr mash as much as i could and sprayed with fry light and baked until it felt crispy and then topped with tom puree, ham, pepper and red onion...i left off the cheese because im not keen anyway. Its was really nice! buuuuuut .....any tips on it not sticking would be great please! I fry lighted a baking tray...then topped with greaseproof paper and sprayed with fry light again, and it stuck pretty bad, so i had SW coleslaw, salad and broken to pieces SW pizza, lol!! Any tips appreciated, fankkkkkkkkkkkkks :) xx

Also, have we decided if i need to syn this or not??? Lol!! I used 100gms of Mr Mash to make a big one...surely just crisping it up isnt abusing the system, i make roasties out of real potatoes, and mash them...and make chips out of them, so surely abit of fry light and an oven dosnt add syns?? ...im worried now, im going to count it as 2 syns just in case.x

Back