SW Free smash pizza

Also, have we decided if i need to syn this or not??? Lol!! I used 100gms of Mr Mash to make a big one...surely just crisping it up isnt abusing the system, i make roasties out of real potatoes, and mash them...and make chips out of them, so surely abit of fry light and an oven dosnt add syns?? ...im worried now, im going to count it as 2 syns just in case.x

You are having it as part of your meal so no need to syn it on Green or EE

I use one of those mesh mat (got it from £ shop) that way my pizza does not stick and crispens on both sides.

Ahhh, good tip on the mesh! Thanks! Cool...i was getting confused on the synning, as i was making it up as per directions and not using it as flour. Ive just seen another thread for 'syn free gravy' using oxo cubes, water and then smash to thicken it, i loved the idea, but using the mash there as a flour would surely make it food abuse? Although...there is water so maybe it counts as smash, but with an oxo cube added...gah. I dunno! Lol. Going to ask my C on Tuesday. Maybe its better just have the gravy granules and measure it and use a couple of syns x

ooh syn free pizza ok going to try this friday

I always use Sainsbury's Basic Instant Mash as as far as I know it's syn free, Smash as far as I know, isn't, due to what is in it.

In my book it says dried instant mash potato, made as directed - free. 25g of dry instant mash potato - free. Smash is dry potato...whats in it thats so different?

i coat chicken and onions in smash to make breaded chicken and onion rings so will this need to be syned?

amyz247 said:
tomatoe puree isnt free, tomatoe passata is free though

Tomato puree is free.

Wow, I've never heard of smash pizza before - defnitely going to try it :p

I always use the Asda and Sainsbury's instant mash, much cheaper than Smash and deffo free. :)

The pizzas are not syn free as you are not using the mash as its meant to be used - you are adapting it so it should be synd as if on a Red day. This info is from my consultant

Our C says if your eating pizza as your meal it's free just same as potato was separate but if you're having as inbetween snacks then it needs to be Syns !! (At the end of the day would you eat 10 jacket spuds a day and expect them to be free!!)

I will defo try that one, I love mash and this would be so quick with oxo cube gravy... loverly.... I like the coated chicken too.

Back