SW Free smash pizza

That looks lovely and nothing like my smash pizza looks like!! :)

awww what that looks so good! i dont think im ever going to get mine to look like that :) xx

Hi just joined up! Been following s.w rules for almost a year and list almost 3stone so far another 3 to go! So this pizza sounds yummy! Looking forward to trying out on my partner at the weekend. :)

I made it last night and it was great... I just spread it out quite thinly, spray frylight on a baking tray... did one side then turned it over and did the other side... spread tom, puree, bacon, s.corn and tbsp cheese. It was really tasty

Okay can someone help im confused slighly with slimming world lol, if smash is free per 28g what if you have over that? And when stuff sais per 100g does that means its synned if its over 100g?

When it says per 100g it's just to give a measurement. It's still free if you eat more than 100g but remember that it's free to satisfy your appetite. As far as I'm aware bog standard smash is free however much you each of it.

Obviously with synned foods they give a measurement for amount of syns, so they probably just put a measurement to be consistent x

When it says per 100g it's just to give a measurement. It's still free if you eat more than 100g but remember that it's free to satisfy your appetite. As far as I'm aware bog standard smash is free however much you each of it.

Obviously with synned foods they give a measurement for amount of syns, so they probably just put a measurement to be consistent x

Ooh ok i never understood that but ok so its still free, im gonna attempt to make smash pizza tonight and will post my pics woo :)

So that whole pizza is 15 syns? Xxx

With regards to the debate on the 'smash' pizza base being synned or not being synned Ive viewed it this way.

When I make my instant mash pizza base I use one packet of Asda smart price instant mash, the same amount of instant mash I use for when I'm making a Quorn cottage pie or when Im making bubble and squeak or potato cakes.

So by using a packet of instant mash adding water to it and shaping it into a pizza base shape and then baking it in the oven makes it have syns because its class as 'food abuse' or there is chemical changes or whatever the actual reasons are some people are synning this via information from their consultants.

So......then when I do EXACTLY the same with my Quorn cottage pie only I put the layer of instant mash on top of my Quorn mince mixture and bake that in the oven until it starts to go a little crispy what was a once a free cottage pie on green is no longer because of the use of instant mash potato baked in the oven?!!!....lol.:8855:

I make potato scones and bubble and squeak with instant mash and bake that in the oven and yes I eat the lot the same as I do with the pizza and the cottage pie maybe not all in one sitting all of the time but if I don't manage it then defo for next days lunch or tea again.

So anyway this concept to do with the instant mash being synned I just don't get because it doesn't make sense, and it is actually contradicted many times because of the way it is used in other recipes.

I totally understand the food abuse concept but not on this one. I've reasoned with it the best I can and common sense tells me that really if this has to be synned then so does all the other recipes that call for instant mash has part of the ingredients to a recipe that ends up being baked in the oven.

All Im saying is get it down to common sense and you would have to make one helluva big instant mash pizza base a few times a week and eat it all to yourself everytime for it to make a difference to your weight loss I feel. I make omelettes and frittatas using sometimes 8 eggs at a time, is that not food abuse or should that not be synned because I'm sure I couldn't eat 8 boiled eggs or 8 fried eggs etc. Yes I know SW recommend that you don't eat too many eggs but that's not because you might be abusing a syn free food if you do that's because of their cholesterol content and SW having to adhere to government guidelines.

- Im just saying how I have reasoned with the concept of this and the common sense of it all.

please don't gang up on me lol, just trying to make sense out of what seems a huge contradiction :giveup:

:) xx

Last edited:
I'm trying this tonight. I have looked at other peoples photos and it looks yummy, although I'm not really a fan of instant mash, butI'll try anything once! I'm really looking forward to it now. Does it have to be tomato puree, or would passata be ok? Not sure if it would make the base too soggy?

I'm trying this tonight. I have looked at other peoples photos and it looks yummy, although I'm not really a fan of instant mash, butI'll try anything once! I'm really looking forward to it now. Does it have to be tomato puree, or would passata be ok? Not sure if it would make the base too soggy?

I use to tomato purée because its thicker. I've never used pasatta because its more runny so dunno if it would make the base soggy - I presume it would. You could always use ketchup but don't forget to syn it. Enjoy :) x

Back