SW help

Natalie86

Fellow slimming world followers, I would really appreciate a little guidance to help me get back on track. I lost 5stone for my wedding in september but since then i hav been struggling to maintain this. I have joined, failed, re joined, and given up since. I am beginning to loose confidence and have zero motivation. I have recently been run down and developed infection after infection and i'm putting it down to my poor eating habits and laziness. Pls if anyone has any advice how i can back into the swing of SW, help my confidence and motivation id be delighted!! Thanks.

I would say try going back to group. As I'm sure you know if your a target member you can go for free and sometimes the support and ideas of a group is just what you need. I'm not a target member (yet) but from those who are I know it can take a lot to find the right balance to stay at the same weight.

Try and stick at group thats the only thing that has helped me as I know if I don't go I could slip back into old habits really quick also I know how hard it is with being run down and infections they really drain you and finding motivation is the last thing on your mind, hope you get your mojo back soon and very well done on the 5st weight loss thats fantastic! xx

I ve been struggling lately and I know these forums have been a great support for me so definitely agree that you should log on to these forums regularly. I have found scouring through my old slimming world magazines helpful for new recipes, tips and inspirational stories to help motivate me.
Also, is there any way you can start to do a bit more light regular exercise?-keeping active has helped me this past week as I dont want to cancel out all my physical hard work by overeating!
Try and vary all your meals too-perhaps your cooking the same things over and over and your body and taste buds just need a bit more variety and excitement!
Youve done excellent loosing all that weight though so keep with it! :D

hi hun firstly well done losing 5st thats no mean feat x i worry that when i get to target i will lose motivation and put it back on (which i have on numerous diets ) so why should it be any different this time. i have been off plan the last couple of weeks and didn't think i would ever get back on but i read through the posts on here and found there were a lot on here struggling as i was then i read the truly motivational posts of members that have lost an awful lot of weight and thought if they can do it so can i and do i want to carry on being overweight and miserable..... god no so got back on plan. good luck getting back on plan xx

I'm there too!!!
I put on 12lbs after stopping going to group - half way back to target now!!
I did go back to group, but my home life had changed so much, that it didn't fit anymore. But, I do still need that discipline and motivation, so I came back on here and started my own diary.

It has helped me soooo much!!! Having lost five stone last year, I just don't want to undo that good work, plus, I find the plan really easy to get on with.

Try and read some posts on here, go back to group if you can and re-focus on the reasons why you lost that weight. You'll soon find yourself back in the zone and within days, you'll be feeling so much better - I's almost put money on it!!!!

You can do it - just remember what you've already achieved! x

Thanks for all the support. I think my tastebuds are fed up wit same stuff so need to change and vary food. I can't go to class as it's impractical for me as its 22miles away but i'll use my books and log on here everyday. Mayb if someone has any meal ideas, i'm quite a plain eater. Again thanks to u all! X

Back