SW Homemade Brugers..HELP!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Bella30, 15 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Bella30

Bella30 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.46%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Hi all

I made homemade burgers for the first time tonight and they were absolutely delicious, my only problem was they fell apart a bit when I was grilling them. Anyone got any advice to stop this happening again because I have a load more to freeze so not sure if I need to do anything before I do this??

Thanks

Bella x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Adding an egg to the mixture will normally help bind the mixture together, you really need to work it all together too so the mixture is nice and smooth.

4. Bella30

Bella30 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.46%)
    Diet:
    Ok thanks, I didn't use an egg. I've already shaped the burgers now so can I brush them with egg next time I grill them or should I put all the mixture back in a bowl, add the egg and restart?

5. Imtryingagain

Imtryingagain Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.05%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't add egg and my burgers stay together. You need to get your hands in there with the mix to bring it all together and it helps to chill them for a while before cooking. When you're cooking them don't turn them too soon. You might find it easier to use a burger press to form a nice neat burger - Lakeland sell them - had one for many years.

6. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    if i am doing home made burgers i make them the morning of the evening i want them so do them sat morning for a sat night dinner and they are ok I also bake them in the oven at the same time as my home made wedges and they stay together

7. Bella30

Bella30 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.46%)
    Diet:
    Thankyou both. I've never made them before so was a bit unsure how they would turn out but you have given me some good tips to try next time now!

:thankyou:

Bella xx

8. robsterswife

robsterswife Tummy Mummy

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23.12%)
    I always use egg but I also put peppers , chilli powder and onion In my mix too gives it a lovely taste they always stick together I'd def recommend egg as it's free anyway :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.