SW Homemade Brugers..HELP!

Bella30

Silver Member
Hi all

I made homemade burgers for the first time tonight and they were absolutely delicious, my only problem was they fell apart a bit when I was grilling them. Anyone got any advice to stop this happening again because I have a load more to freeze so not sure if I need to do anything before I do this??

Thanks

Bella x

Bella30 said:
Hi all

I made homemade burgers for the first time tonight and they were absolutely delicious, my only problem was they fell apart a bit when I was grilling them. Anyone got any advice to stop this happening again because I have a load more to freeze so not sure if I need to do anything before I do this??

Thanks

Bella x

Adding an egg to the mixture will normally help bind the mixture together, you really need to work it all together too so the mixture is nice and smooth.

Ok thanks, I didn't use an egg. I've already shaped the burgers now so can I brush them with egg next time I grill them or should I put all the mixture back in a bowl, add the egg and restart?

I don't add egg and my burgers stay together. You need to get your hands in there with the mix to bring it all together and it helps to chill them for a while before cooking. When you're cooking them don't turn them too soon. You might find it easier to use a burger press to form a nice neat burger - Lakeland sell them - had one for many years.

if i am doing home made burgers i make them the morning of the evening i want them so do them sat morning for a sat night dinner and they are ok I also bake them in the oven at the same time as my home made wedges and they stay together

Thankyou both. I've never made them before so was a bit unsure how they would turn out but you have given me some good tips to try next time now!

:thankyou:

Bella xx

I always use egg but I also put peppers , chilli powder and onion In my mix too gives it a lovely taste they always stick together I'd def recommend egg as it's free anyway :)

Back