Snacks SW hummus

Sawyer

Silver Member
I've been reading today about food abuse, and 'tweaking' on SW. Using food in a different way for snacks/not its primary purpose.

I made SW hummus today. It's ace but is it really free!? Or Does it count as a tweak??

discuss!

I've always counted it as free. As I understand it, it's 'tweaking' when you change the intended use of a food in a way which would increase your consumption of it/reduce how filling it is etc. Fir example when you make 'crisps' from things, spuds/pasta, you (potentially!) eat more than you would if you have potato or pasta as part of your meal, and you also lose that they would normally be accompanied by a third SF foods in a meal. I always eat the hummus with carrot, cucumber, celery etc, so it's increasing my SF intake and a batch will last me for days, longer than it would if I made a curry or whatever else with the tin. It's also better for me than eating a bag of crisps or something. That's my logic and my 2 pence, I'm sure other feel differently, it works for me.

My opinion is if your eating it an losing weight do it if you not then don't. I don't think you consume more when I make soup do I need two bowls of it no but I still eat it is the tweaking as I am consuming more than if I was to eat them veg?

Back