SW mag, anyone else think they should do less EE?

yes please more red and green day recipes!! i like the idea of EE but i generally use it on days when i dont know what i am going to have!!

i too have found that mixing it up gives you better losses!!

till now i have been a green day girl but i have recently started doing more red days like today!

I def agree - I do all green days as I don't like meat much, I have no desire to do the EE plan so I wish we got more recipes! x

I have done the red and green plans in the past (hald heartedly) and have come back now and am LOVING the EE plan

I assumed they do EE plan in the mag cos it is very easy to adapt to green or red if you need to....

Can i just say (totally not relevant) the man featured in this months mag is rather yummy :)

Love the mags, and have kept everyone i have bought since the beginning of the year but for recipe inspiration i come on here or look at the lovely pics on the facebook group - that makes my mouth water for hours on end lol

x

I would like to see some different menus on there. I think there is an index of the recipes though that lists the syn values for all 3 days.

I personally love ee altho I do watch my carb intake and I am defo a wholemeal pasta and rice convert.

I think you should check out the recipe index.

All of the magazines have them. You will see they list syns for every group, red, green and EE for all the recipes, listed in the magazine. Even syns for the stuff in the adverts.

Last edited:
Why is it unfair????

I wonder, percentage wise, how many people do EE at groups as opposed to red and green. I'd say at my group 70% or more do EE, the longer term members do a mixture. Only the vegetarian member does green. That's it!

EE is the way to go according to SW, they'd even tell veggies to do EE (although I wouldn't want to miss out on a B choice!).

I would like to see some different menus on there. I think there is an index of the recipes though that lists the syn values for all 3 days.

Yes there always is a list with all plan syn values, although the ee is usually the lowest syn out of them which is why I assumed they usually had it alongside the recipe and then of course they will be trying to promote it the most since its the newest plan

I think the bottom line is that no matter which direction SW go, there will be a group of people unhappy with it. They can't please everyone (unless they come out with three different magazines for each plan, which would be a nightmare operations wise lol) and as Extra Easy is their shiny new toy it's natural that they promote it heavily.

One thing a lot of non SW slimmers complained about was that the original/green plans are too complicated. Obviously this meant that SW was losing them as potential members so the extra easy plan was probably developed, in part, to attract new people. And for those who have never done red/green before it is a wonderful and easy plan they can follow for life. So either of two things can happen from here on in, the focus on EE could ease off and all three plans would get equal attention OR the red/green plans could be gradually phased out :eek:

That being said, we all have the choice to follow whatever plans we're most comfortable with and if we really wanted to find red, green or EE recipes, we could - we just have to do a little digging that's all :D

I only bought my magazine at class yesterday but at a quick glance I did think there were more recipes for EE & red. Bit confused as some recipes given only give syn value, if any, for EE. I am vegetarian therefore always do green days & have lost 8lbs in 2 weeks.

I thought the same hunca but if you look at the back of the recipes there's a page which lists all the syn values for different plans for each of the recipes. I don't have the mag handy to get the page number but have a look.:)

I thought the same hunca but if you look at the back of the recipes there's a page which lists all the syn values for different plans for each of the recipes. I don't have the mag handy to get the page number but have a look.:)
oops sorry so there is ( page 90 ) x

i agree,there should be more red and green recipes/eating plans.i have been n the red/green plan for 6 years now tried EE but couldn't seem to lose on it.Come on SW give us what we want,don't forget the long serving ones.

I think the problem would be easily solved by following some of the recipe magazines and having suggestions for variations on the recipe. For instance in BBC Good Food they might have a lasagne recipe but there will be a box with details of how to make is veggie friendly, or how to vary the recipe by using a different ingredient.

Perhaps they have more EE recipes at the moment because it's a less well-established plan, and maybe people feel they need a bit more guidance on the types of meals that would be acceptable? I've only been doing SW for 4 weeks or so, and have done all EE days, but I still need to keep checking what I'm allowed to have :) A lot of the published recipe books don't have EE syn values, so maybe it's to make it a bit easier for people like me to plan some meals where we know the syn values :) I know on EE we're supposed to be able to take the lower syn value, but it's nice sometimes to have confirmation from SW itself that we're not guzzling too many syns, lol! Just a thought!

Sian xxx

Sian made a good point - only a couple of the newer recipe books feature EE recipes, so at least having plenty in the mag gives those of us doing EE more to experiment with until the bboks catch up?

If there are 6 red and 6 green recipes in the mag, and the 18 EE inlcude both, then there are only 6 solely EE recipes if my maths is correct? ;)

Back