Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

sw magazine

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ilovelife, 9 February 2010 Social URL.

1. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

Is it just me or is the articles of peoples weight loss just perfect. Because they all appear just do SW perfectly, I thought the journey was a rocky one and just seems a bit fake to me and it would be more motivating to hear a lot more about people's achievements who have made mistakes along the way :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    It's not always the perfect stories in the mag! I remember reading about a guy who had gained a stone in a week, almost quit SW, then went on to lose about 10 stone and became a C.

I wish there were more stories about people who lost more than 1 stone though. No offence to anyone who's only got 1 stone to lose! I just think the 10 stone loss stories are more motivating for us heavier people :)

4. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Ha ha...now you come to mention it, yes, you are right!

I guess the point is to give us inspiration but I suppose for some it could have the opposite effect if we think everyone in the mag has a straight forward weight loss journey. It could make some people feel like a complete failure! You only have to log on here to see that everyone has their ups and downs.

Having said that, I have always found the stories inspirational but maybe now I will look at them in a different light!!! lol

Last edited: 9 February 2010
  5. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it would help if they have a mixture of losses, from 1-2 stone up to whatever, in every magazine as having a story you can relate to does help.

6. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

please don't be put off with what i have said it is merely an opinion, I suppose just the idea that someone can lose weight can kick in the motivation within us:)

7. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with you ilovelife! The girl on the cover of the Jan/Feb (please forgive me if you're her, or a friend or family member) lost 2 stone in 3 months and seemed to do it effortlessly (OK, I know she was doing a lot of exercise to give her credit) but I want to read about more people who have a large amount to lose, who have had a turbulent time of it, or who have made slow progress- the 1-2lb a week type (like me!) It would give me confidence that a slow and steady rate of loss will get me there in the end because at the moment I'm finding it hard to imagine!!X

8. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I never read those stories - I find them very tedious and entirely irrelevant to me. I get the magazine for the recipes and practical information.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.